Almost time for the Hi-Point to come of the CA DOJ roster, let's raise the value

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Nu-Point, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

Here's how we'll do it . . You can participate. Let's raise the market value of our Hi-Points

Go to ArmsList or any other site that has firearms listings, list your Hi-Point for $350-$450. If we all do this, before you know the status quo will set in and we'll flood the internet with listings that have the price at $400+

Let's do it!

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Then we'll all be paying $400 for C-9's. I prefer the "[email protected] California" attitude.

3. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

We already have our C9's tho

4. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Please educate me on why this is necessary.

5. I don't understand what you are trying to do.

6. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    How about not.
    I like being able to afford at least one decent thing in my life.

7. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Kommiefornia already artificially inflates the value of nearly everything in the state! Including hundreds of rifles and handguns. Why add to their insanity?

Another thing, price of a handgun or rifle does not influence the CADOJ Roster.... The Taurus Judge and the S&W Governor 45/410 revolvers are not on their list and they are definitely not 'cheap' or 'inexpensive'.

8. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    CA can shove it. You want to raise the price of Hi Point firearms so that future buyers will have to pay more for a Hi Point? Makes no sense to me. You will have to further explain that one.

9. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

DO we care anything about California?

FRUITS & NUTS - FRUITS & NUTS - FRIUTS & NUTS

11. Kommiefornia is like a bowl of cereal take out all of the fruits and nuts, you're still left with a bunch of flakes.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So let me get this straight.

You want to try to make prices higher, by putting up outrageous prices on auction sites, while meanwhile places like Buds or the local seller will continue selling at their common markup, knowing that their price is now much lower than those on auction sites...and you think that this will do what exactly?

Are you thing to help dealers sell more, or make your gun worth more? Maybe you think if the gun is worth more, it will get more respect?

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Well, I see you have learned something from the F'ed Govt. about how they control the prices of commodities, precious metals, and most markets. But they can also control the SUPPLY SIDE*, while we cannot. Start by emailing MoM, and when she inevitably tells you to "Go f&%# yourself" then come back here and confess that the idea sucks :p
    There's your "other side of the coin". Sorry :(

*with regulation and taxation, among other things

14. HP-C9

HP-C9 Member

That would be stupid. The thing to do if you live in California is buy as many as you can while they're still on roster. Price will go up for them here on its own when they're no longer on it. Why try to make everyone suffer a price increase?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  15. RobbK

RobbK Member

This is why you should NEVER post under the influence of Mary Jane.

16. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

It makes our guns worth more

17. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

That's what I mean, once they're off roster the price will certainly go up for a used one

What's mom's email address?

18. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Still confused

Is there a monetary $$$$ level for pistols coming into California to meet some criteria or is this for you to get extra $$$$ for the Hi-Points that you already own?

If this is for the former where some fuzzed brain libtard set an arbitrary price on freedom; then, I'll help.

If this is for you to jack the price up for yourself to make a profit at the expense of others; then, I'm definitely not going to help a carpet bagger. :mad:

19. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'm going with the masses here. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1412572497.266925.jpg

20. BFH

BFH Member

How do you know Hipoint isn't going to renew? There is no reason they wouldn't as there hasn't been significant changes to the design or new models coming out.

I think a lot of people are confused with how the list works. Just cause Smith and Wesson and Ruger are not going to renew on a couple models out of spite people think everything is going to fall off the list.

It's only new models and discontinued/updated models that will not be on the list cause of the new microstamping requirement.