Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen pics of 995's with an aluminum charging bolt, does anyone know where can i find one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are Bushman parts. The charging handle is well woth getting...much more positive to engage the hold open, and no chance to pinch your skin between the bolt and the handle.

My understanding was that Bushman was only taking a break from making more more parts (like top rails etc.), not from selling the parts he has already made. The charging handle shows in-stock so maybe you can order one.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
They are Bushman parts. The charging handle is well woth getting...much more positive to engage the hold open, and no chance to pinch your skin between the bolt and the handle.

My understanding was that Bushman was only taking a break from making more more parts (like top rails etc.), not from selling the parts he has already made. The charging handle shows in-stock so maybe you can order one.
Shows out of stock when I looked a minute ago. I used some heat shrink tubing on mine worked well looks meh.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks for that post, I was just getting ready to ask about how that chargnig handle worked with the lock open feature of the 995.

Love this forum! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the bushman, parts link I'll keep an eye on it for the handle and some other upgrades like the trigger and scope rail. 8)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bushman was out when I tried to order, and an email from him said it would be a while as he was taking some time off. So, I went to Lowe's and bought a bright steel spacer and after polishing it up on my wheel, mounted it on the factory charging bolt handle. It needs to be able to spin just a tad, but I may not buy the Bushman after all. Sorry about fuzzy photo...

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
If you had some round aluminum rod and a drill press you could make one pretty simple. Make it a 1/2" or whatever longer than the distance between the hex head and the cover. Drill out the whole thing the diameter of the actual bolt, then drill half of it out large enough to accomodate the hex head. Then you can bevel the inside surface to fit in the lock open hole.

The only problem I can think of though is how to tighten the handle bolt back on without access to the head of it. unless you used really thick rod and drilled out enough room to fit a socket in there.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just got an aluminum charging handle off of a Gunbroker seller named "mold99". I think this seller is not the same as that of the Bushman parts link because my new charging handle is a slightly different shape than that shown on the Bushman parts website.

Regardless, these new charging handles are a godsend, makes locking back the bolt so much easier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.