Aluminum cased .40

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by travis9mm, Nov 29, 2014.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Has anybody shot aluminum cased .40 through their carbine? I just went through 100 rnds of winchester white box and it was fine but I can get aluminum cased federal for $10 cheaper

2. harcdaddy

harcdaddy Member

Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

It works but I find aluminum shavings in my guns afterwards. But use what you can get.

4. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

The aluminum cased ammo runs good in all my guns, no matter what the make.

5. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Awesome. My zastava m88a feeds it fine. Havent ran it through the carbine yet

6. moona11

It only doesn't function in my HP40. Just don't like cleaning up afterwards in my other guns. And I reload so its not worth buying for me.

7. Hokieman1987

Hokieman1987 Member

Never had a problem. Haven't tried the Federal but all the CCI Blazer I've fired has never failed to go boom.

8. I shot Blazer 9mm Largo years ago when it was available. Never had one issue with it, I just bought two boxes of 40 S&W Blazer for my wife's glock I doubt there will be any problems.

Steel ammo usually causes problems before aluminum does.

9. moona11

My HP 40 hates it to the point of fire jam fire jam you get the point.

10. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Pistol? Im wondering about the carbine.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My 4095 eats everything I feed it. Once i got my mags right, it turned in to a fat kid in the candy aisle.

12. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Awesome!!!

13. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

have been shooting federal 45 with alum casings, no problems at all. $14.59 at wal-mart /50

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Nobody wanted to buy it when it first showed up a Walmart. Now it flies off the shelf. I ran 70 rounds through my 4095 yesterday, no problems. No shavings either.

I ran some in the Glock and had 1 FTF. It may have been limp wristing as I was teaching my 18yo grand daughter to shoot!

I swapped out to my 9mm Lone Wolf barrel and burned up 3 boxes of aluminum 9's.

Time to go to Walmart and check and see if they got any more in!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

15. Omalley80

Omalley80 Member

Ohio

Same thing with my 9mm carbine. It's all the indoor range stocks so I usually bring my own ammo or after about 50 rounds, my carbine starts to jam every other round. (Blazer 9mm)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum