Am I a jerk or are my actions legit

Discussion in 'Consumer Reviews' started by rippinryno, Aug 12, 2015.

1. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

So, on Friday, I ordered some thunderbolts from gandermountain.com.....29.99 shipped to the store. Well i called today to see if they were in and they said no, which was fine. I got curious and pulled up my fedex tracking, and saw they were out for delivery. I checked the box to alert me when they were delivered. About an hour later they had been delivered. On my way home from work i stopped in and told them I was there to pick up my online order. The guy said you need to talk to that guy, and pointed at another employee. "that guy" was on the phone so i diddled around and waited for him to get off, when he did I approached him and asked if he could get my online order. He then paged the same guy that I approached first to go retrieve the order, that guy went in the back. As i was standing at the counter the guy says "did you call earlier". I said "yeah". He said "oh they're not here". I said well i got a confirmation saying they had been delivered 1 hour ago and that they were here. The guy continued on, pressing me, saying that fedex marks them delivered when they get on the truck in the morning. I told him that is not how fedex works and that they are "out for delivery" when they're on the truck. Once they are signed for, they are delivered. Her persisted and said yeah they're not here man, so i showed him my email, told him the exact time and the name of the person who signed for them. About 1 minute later the first employee sets my brick of thundies on the table. I looked at the guy i was talking to and said "i'm not trying to be a jerk man i'm just telling you what i know from experience". This douche says nothing, and simply walks away. So i just walked out of the store with my ammo.

The gander in my area is less than a year old, they've been through 1 manager already at the gun counter, and their customer service is literally $h!t. Was I out of line to get after this guy and correct him for his retardedness?

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Nope. I would've done the same thing.

3. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

No. Not a jerk. Wasn't the GM in Fenton was it?

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

No.... I'd put a call in and talk to a supervisor.

5. rickm

rickm Member

Nope and i would have had the store manager there while i was trying to explain it to the clerk.

6. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    GM sucks in every way.
    If I order ammo it is often from midwayusa. They are kinda high on their shipping, but I have ordered ammo one day and had it 3 days later. Plus I don't have to drive all over the Peoria area looking for ammo. By the time I subtract gas costs and the 9% Peoria sales tax, their shipping isn't all that bad.

7. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Not at all, you where nice imo. I would have asked, well demanded, to talk to a manager.

Its not just GM though, most of the "bigger" chains around my parts are like that. Dick's (funny with the name huh...) is one of the worst...

Customer service seems like a lost art anymore.

8. rippinryno

Tempted to call a manager tomorrow to give feedback but at this point it probably won't do any good.

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Probably not..... But it doesn't hurt to let them know they've lost a customer, and you've notified your friends about their lousy service..... Reviews section for their website isn't a bad idea either, to voice your displeasure.....

10. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Gander Mountain is the last place on earth I would buy anything firearm related.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You did fine, I'd have prolly argued more.
    Was this the GM in Terre Haute or do you go to Effingham?
    (or where ever it is)
    TH has some nice guys, and some idiots. Some will lie to your face...

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Don't call, go there in person.
    Tell them they need to train their staff.

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

Really??? Noone?
    YES youre a total jerk. But you were still right in this situation.
    Im disappointed in all of you. Every. Last. One.

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Which is my usual stance but the flyer for this month has HP pistols on sale at $139, $149, and $159. Around here that's a damn good price.

15. rippinryno

I'm the same way, i don't like going there, but if it's 22lr that i've ordered online at non gouger prices, i'll do it. Also I did purchase a 597 there earlier this year, only because they had the exact model and stock color I wanted, they price matched dicks who only had one color/model. Other than that, I will now try to avoid it like the plague. We are not hurting for other options in my area, the guys at Dicks, Rural King, Field and Stream, and the local shops are all much nicer to deal with......this was in Champaign, btw. I've not been to the one in Effingham, but as with anything it just depends on the staff. These people in Champaign are all completely clueless, lol. Maybe I went in there with a full deck since I am not a gun newb and since I know how shipping works? They must think everybody that walks int he store doesn't know jack?

16. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

All the Dick's in North Texas suck.

17. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Instead of talking to a manager in the store, I would go to corporate.

18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    We were waiting for Moonzy to take the plunge. The rest of us spotted his obvious setup and decided to pass on it.

19. lsi1

lsi1 Member

Ryno the fedex guy in my area often marks packages as delivered I get the amazon order text confirmation my package was delivered and then a couple hours later the truck shows up and leaves my package at some random location around my home, yard neighbors house, and once hanging on my mailbox 1/4 mile from my actual house.

I'm not sayin you were a jerk"THIS TIME" but sometimes thats the way fedex chooses to work to make it appear that they are more efficient than they are.

20. rippinryno

you need to report your fedex guy lsi1. They should never mark as delivered until they've been signed for or delivered. I've been using fedex for a home business for 3 years now. I have an account with them and I can tell you that when i have a package coming it's not delivered until it's there. Just like this situation, when it said delivered it was delivered. When it tells me who signed for it and the exact time.....it has in fact been delivered, they can't just make up somebody's name and signature, especially on the packages that require signature such as this one. Like i said, if your fedex guy is marking them delivered 2 hours early i would certainly say something to him.