Am I the only one that wants a 35795TS?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by cudaviper, Jan 21, 2015.

1. cudaviper

cudaviper Member

I spoke with Hi Point about making the 357sig round for their carbine, the guy told me it had been on the table once before and he would bring it up again. Told me an individual out side the company was working on one and was trying to work out the bugs. I also saw the IraqVeteran8888 on you tube had turned one into a 10mm. He had a small cycle problem he was working on. Link here
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qt0cUHG7zI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qt0cUHG7zI[/ame]
    Picture is what the 35795 would look like....in my mind...ha.

Attached Files:

2. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Yes. You're the only one. =P

Welcome aboard!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I would buy a carbine in 357 SIG in a heartbeat.

4. wingman

wingman Member

A 357 Hi Point carbine is at the TOP of my wish list!!!

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I've been saying for years that it would be fairly easy to make one and that I thought they should do so. Start with a 4095TS base, take a 9mm barrel blank, cut the bore the same but cut the chamber for .357Sig. I believe this is, basically what they did for the 3895 that they're showing at SHOT.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Then they'd also need a .357 sig handgun for that to make sense.
    How popular is the .357 sig anyway?

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Wal Mart carries .357Sig ammo on their shelves. That, to me, passes the "popular enough to consider" threshold.

It's not like asking for .38 Super. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. true, but it has died down a lot in recent years, and gotten even more expensive.

This 3895 may end up being my next rifle. I was planning an AR mainly becasue the LOP is changeable for my wife and I,
    This may just be perfect balance of small, price, and i already have 500rds of ammo for it

Guys i dont think it is to expensive, Freedom munitions runs sales on it all the time, TULA is pretty good. just don't waist your money on the remmington, winchesters that are over priced.

9. hi-tower

hi-tower Member

I would prefer a 357mag/38sp one to go with my lever gun and revolvers. Too much work for that though. One can dream.

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

OK realistically for a moment......

What would be the least amount of R&D, effort and expense for HiPoint?

.357 sig? chamber, barrel and testing
    10 mm? Chamber, barrel and testing
    .380? chamber only, same barrel as 9 mm and since it's a slightly lower pressure round no additional testing required.

So....380 it is

I would personally trade my .45 JHP and get the 10mm pistol/carbine combo for $549.95

We can all dream I guess.

11. planosteve

I would go for a 10 mm combo but keep my JHP, it is just too much fun to shoot.

12. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Get with Rowland and make a .460 rowland conversion kit for the .45acp carbine and pistol. :D

13. mrhite65

mrhite65 Member

I would go for the 10mm! Then, I could take it hunting! It's basically a 40 Magnum.

14. I own no HP carbines and do not plan to, but a a 357 sig, 10mm is a hell of a marketing win. They would not be able to keep up. I was thinking the other day that offering compensator on all pistol models would be a win win for them also. As well as threaded barrels.

15. ginemore

ginemore Member

My carry gun is a 357sig and I would be first in line to buy a 357sig carbines but I also would buy a 10mm if one comes out

16. If they made a 357 Sig or 10mm I'd be all over it ! I love the 357 Sig round,and a 10mm whats not to like about either one! morayman..............

17. I'd buy a .357 Sig carbine.

I have no interest in a 10mm.

18. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I don't really understand why anyone wants another caliber for the carbine. They already make the carbine in .45 ACP, and everyone knows that the .45 ACP is already the perfect cartridge.

***********Ducking***********

19. Don't worry about ducking. People will only be throwing Glocks at you. How bad can hunk of plastic hurt?

I don't know if you read the fine print when you joined the forum, but when you did you(like the rest of us) agreed to only throw Glocks at other members.

20. planosteve

I love the 357 SIG, and would race to beat ginemore for the first one. I think it and the 10mm are perfect for the carbine.