Amazed at Hi Points

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by texasbass1, Feb 7, 2015.

1. I have always been a revolver and bolt action shooter and have always found that each weapon has a liking or disliking for certain ammunition and have always reloaded for that reason. Last summer I purchased a JHP and a 4595, I have always wanted a handgun/carbine combination so I took the plunge. I was a little apprehensive at first since these were my first semi-autos and I had always avoided them because so FTF, jamming and mag issues (you don't have these with revolvers and rarely with bolts). But what I have found is that no matter what I run through my Hi Points doesn't matter, factory or reloads all shoot to the same point of aim, as long as I do my job. To date I haven't had a FTF or mag issue. I have run 4 different types of factory ammo and about 8 or 9 different reload combinations without having to readjust the sights on either weapon.
    All I have to say is I'm really happy with my decision to buy Hi Points and really like the information on this forum. Because of this forum I am awaiting my Mahan rear sight for my JHP and can't wait to get it installed and once I get a little braver I plan on purchasing the aluminum trigger I've seen on some of your personalized guns.
    Hi Point has a owner for life.:D

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. jcwit

jcwit Member

Welcome aboard! I too have been really surprised with my Hi Point. I own many Hi end pistols both revolver and semi auto, but my HP just likes to go bang and hit the target. I'm far from being a Bulls eye competitor tho.

3. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome aboard! We love range reports and pictures whenever you go practice.

4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Welcome. I bought my CF380 2nd hand but still unfired just because of price, $100 for the pistol and 100 rounds. Have been really surprised of its accuracy and reliability. It has chewed through those 100 rounds and I don't know how many reloads. Kind of like the battery bunny, just keeps going, and going..............

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    texasbass1? Either you like to fish or you're Dusty Hill.

6. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Welcome to the forum! We like the guns that most others like to hate...Hi Points! Meh, what do they know, right? ;)

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I love my carbines!!! I took em out today. Not one issue!
    I've shot hundreds of rounds through both the 4595ts and the 995ts and I have only cleaned the 995 once and I don't think I have ever cleaned the 4595.
    I don't know, it's like a challenge now to see how long I can go before I start having issues. I don't think I ever will have any issues. These things seem to run better now than they did when I got em.
    The HP carbines are absolutely by far the most reliable weopons I have ever heard of or owned!

8. Yes I do fish alot, hence the handle. But when I'm not on the lake I'm at the range.

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Damn. I was really hoping I could get an autograph from Dusty Hill.

10. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

I have a JHP and its jam proof. After about 300 rds of various FMJ it feeds literary everything. It's also crazy accurate. With a full mag at 50 feet it shoots one neat 45-caliber hole. No exaggeration.