Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some Federal, American Eagle 9mm last night and didn't notice it was a box of flat heads till I got home. Any one use this before and have any problem with it loading? It's shaped like a hollow point but without the indent. What's the purpose?

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
Nearly all .40 is that way too. Sort of intended as a better feeding hollow point substitute...I think?

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
its a way to maximize bullet weight in 40 cal while still provding decent feeding. the ogive is wider and creates the flat point. almost all 40 cal FMJ is like that,

SW

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Bought some Federal, American Eagle 9mm last night and didn't notice it was a box of flat heads till I got home. Any one use this before and have any problem with it loading? It's shaped like a hollow point but without the indent. What's the purpose?
I have a box of those too. Never shot any yet.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I shoot flat-pointed reloads through my carbine all the time, no problems at all. Seems to like them, in fact.
Are these cast lead bullets or FMJ ones?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've got Fiocchi brand 123gr truncated cone ammo that I've fed through my 995. (They mark it as being "123gr FMJ truncated cone (combat)" for whatever that means.)

No problems feeding at all.

[tt]'Sifrid[/tt]

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have used American Eagle 9mm ammo quite a few times and have never had any problems what so ever. Most .40 cal seem to be that way. Today, I put two hundred rounds of Federal Champion ammo with no FTF FTE. Hope that helps bud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.