American Sniper movie

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by deadrockcommando, Jan 11, 2015.

1. got to see a screening of it wow what a good flick not much on movies anymore but I must say this was a good one it should be out soon. I was real lucky to see it Clint Eastwood did a good job as director.

2. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

I don't do the movie thing much anymore, but when I seen the preview. I said yup I'll have to see this one, Rowdy Yates, RAWHIDE. I couldn't tell in the preview, if that was a SWFA on that rifle or not.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Haven't been to the movies since I don't know when. (see Pup a ".")
    It looks like a good show, except for the language. (see Pup a ".")
    I will wait for some one to watch it & tell me about. (see Pup a ".")

4. Hokieman1987

Hokieman1987 Member

Not much on movies either, but I will see this one.

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I have all the respect in the world for what Chris did, and was lucky enough to meet him and speak with him. But I will not be watching the movie, and I don't know anyone else who was behind the glass that will be.

6. Do I sense an on going tiff? Mr. See pup

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Not on my end.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Might have gotten away with a ? in the first one... bt your sponsor would have a conniption fit!

Mr. See Pup lmao

You Started It! :p What do you do, follow poor Mel around?
    He was Salesman of the YEAR, for pete's sakes! :eek:

Attached Files:

9. cicpup

Vermont
    I've seen at least 8 people drop missed hints (you might have been one of them). I'm just the one with the balls to come right out with it. We're still buds. When you're doing something a bit annoying, it's your bud who points it out (and usually laughs).

Have you noticed an improvement? I have.

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yes, Mr. Melvin is doing Very Good? :D

11. Michael Moore: "Snipers are cowards."

‘American Sniper’ targeted by Michael Moore; says shooters 'cowards'

The Palme d'Or winning director of the highest grossing documentary ever made it very clear today he does not like the Clint Eastwood helmed Oscar nominee nor its subject matter Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

In a tweet Sunday, Fahrenheit 9/11 and former AMPAS Governor Michael Moore lashed out at American Sniper and Kyle, who has been credited as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history:

Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint
    Follow

My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse
    2:40 PM - 18 Jan 2015
    1,641 Retweets 1,217 favorites

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-moore-says-shooters-cowards/?intcmp=features

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Says a fat POS bastard who's done jack squat for his country..... Maybe he outta actually apply that moon sized cranium to reading "real" life stories, and read up on men like Hathcock, or Simo hayha, and then tell me those men are cowards..... I'd like to put that useless sack of monkey sh*t in the middle of a 100 acre field, and let a sniper slow crawl up and knife him in his fat ass.....
    Rant over....

13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I never cease to be amazed by the Leftist so-called intellectuals who criticize the movie and the people like the man on who the story is based.

They make increasingly violent movies with characters of the sickest dispositions, glorifying abject cruelty and deviant behavior from the main characters. It makes no sense why they can capitalize on exaggerated violence and sick-mindedness, while criticizing a movie that simply depicts the reality of someone who did a difficult job that few others could do as effectively.

He'll, they don't even bat an eyelash at contract assassin movies, and those characters are definitely worse than the character they are criticizing.

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That explains something.
    He's one of the only ones not jumping on the "sniper" band wagon.
    So his opinion is not popular..who cares.

15. I think it is the "snipers are cowards" part ;)

16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Well that's an entire discussion in itself......

17. cicpup

Vermont
    A person with an unpopular opinion? What is this country coming to?

18. Snipers often drop in without support, without an extraction plan, and deep behind enemy lines in order to eliminate one or two targets with no more explanation than, "I told you to."
    There is no discussion; the only people do that voluntarily have balls of titanium.

19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Exfil plans tended to be a 10-digit set of grids, ride window if you were lucky, and betting on the severity and content of the ass chewing for skipping every other check-in just to chap the opscom's ass.