American Sniper movie

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by deadrockcommando, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Howie_Roll

Howie_Roll Member

I saw a post on how the real Navy seal was cast to be in the movie. It was a wonderful article save for the end when it mentioned that it was real footage of that same seal putting his metal on Kyles casket. So thanks to that spoiler alert I knew he died. I assumed he went out taking out at least three insergant snipers and dozens of ground troups. So when I saw the movie I was like what a f..blanked out ending. But its true. That's so blanked up who the blank do I complain to about THAT!

2. It's pretty f*Cked up. The murderer is still awaiting trial actually. I hope he gets the chair

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The murderer's PTSD claims of which I've heard are beyond BS. No one murders a man who is trying to help him because of PTSD. He was an evil, walking piece of two-legged trash before he ever deployed, and his murder of Kyle had nothing to do with his post-combat-related difficulties. I hope he gets the chair, AND the sponge doesn't get soaked before they put the halo on his treacherous head.

4. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

I know a guy personally who just got full disability PTSD, and was never deployed. Didn't spend one day out of country, mommy didn't show him enough love. So we pay for him and his family to spend a month camping at Disneyland. I personally know another gal who was a Generator mechanic, never shot at once, full disability. The systems broken, and I fear its gonna get worse before it better.

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Unfortunately, liability concerns almost seem to force head doctors to err on the side of caution whenever someone claims to suffer from destructive feelings. They are afraid to throw a BS flag and then be the last ones the patients contacted before carrying out their atrocities.

It is ridiculous what people get away with. They make it worse for people who have real emotional problems associated with traumatic events because then the legit sufferers have to wonder if they are being scrutinized as malingerers every time that the subject of their PTSD comes up.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Hey I found it. Repost from liam thread:

Mike Moore said nothing wrong. His father & uncle were in the war. Uncle was sniped. So of course he was raised listening to his father say "snipers are cowards" every time the subject of his brother came up. And that's all he said.

World needs to lighten up and remember that someone can have an opinion. Even if it's not yours.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Cic.......

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Maybe that was a very subtle jab....... Comparing you to Moore............ If not, let me be the first!.....

9. TxGun

TxGun Member

Michael Moore's predilection for being an ignorant anti-American jackass precedes him. It's not just his opinion about snipers, it's his opinions about virtually any and every traditional American value that brands him as a weak-kneed, crybaby, liberal POS.

10. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Flash did you watch it? Don't know if I should.

12. moona11

Did I also add the MM is a pos

13. I started reading the book, its 5.99 on amazon kindle. i started reading it on my phone with the kindle app. 28% so far.

It is definitely the only book i have read like it.

Not sure how it ends, as it is an auto-biography.

14. I can not believe the amount of hate people are spewing on youtube comments. on actual Chris kyle interview and American Sniper clips. I want to see the movie just to show my support for these types of movies.

The book is very matter of fact, so far not really taken a position of "we should" or "we shouldn't" be fighting. so far thats up to the reader to decide, and i think thats what the left hates the most. He is just being honest, and people are coming around to form Pro- patriotic opinions.

But the left media, is using quotes about "savages" out of context, as if he called all Iraqi's savages, and wanted them all dead. He refers to savages with people like a mother willing to blow up her own children to also blow up Americans. A father who puts his 8 year old daughter in front of him to shield him from in coming seals.

15. cicpup

Vermont
    I'm not saying he isn't a complete ass-hat. I'm saying, in this instance, everyone has their panties in a wad over nothing.

16. moona11

Na he knew what he was saying and for why. He is just trying to back out of it. POS... he's had years to say it a just now it crimes up get real. Kid rock had it right M M needs a good smack to the face.

17. cicpup

Vermont
    I'm pretty sure neither one of us can prove intent, so I'll just take it at face value.

18. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I have not.

19. FlashBang

"Over nothing" depends on who you are, where you've been and what you've done. I take personal umbrage with someone like him who sits at the table and feasts on the liberty and freedom served up by honorable brave men who have fought and died to put it on the table. He and others like him are the cowards who know just how pathetic they are and attack those who they can never be like.

20. FlashBang

That POS has proven what his intent was with the years of spewing his anti-American BS... anyone who can't see what his intent was is blind.