Ammo ban quote I love

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Found this on Glock Talk; poster was talking about how he'd bury ammo so it wouldn't be confiscated if the whole un-registered ammo ban came into effect, and one of the replies was:

"When you start to think its time to bury the ammo, its really time to be digging it up..."

2. I understand their sediment, but at this point in history, there is no way individuals can rebel against the government.

They are too powerful to resist. One man or a group of people will not do well against tanks, attack helicopters and the such.

We would like to think that US soldiers would not attack US citizens, but one never knows.

3. Look at Waco. No helicopters, no fighter strikes, etc. If the government went farther than armored vehicles, I think the population as a whole would revolt.

And, again, I'm not advocating a revolution or anything, just bringing up some interesting points/ideas.

4. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

The insurgents in Iwreck and afghany seem to be holding their own, sad that the "spirit of resistance" that Tommy jefferson spoke so highly of now speak a different language.

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

There is no way that the US military would be able to use tanks and attack helicopters agaisnt US citiczens as they would be in violation of the posse comatatus (sp) act. Now what teh FBI and ATF have in thier inventories is another matter. Heck Randy Weaver tied up 300+ federal agents for weeks and the montana freeman thing took almost three months to work its way to conclusion. If you want ot resist you certainly can, and tie up a ton of federals while you're at it. The "spirit of reistance" is alive and well. Just because you cant see it, doesnt mean its not there.

SW

6. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

"the spirit of resistance" is alive and well???? by a handfull maybe....but what about the rest of us????? we type....

7. I am talking about a fictional major uprising by the citizens, not a person or group, here or there.

The government would do what they had to do to keep in power.

8. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

And whenever this is the case Our founding fathers instructed us , the people, to strip them of the power. but instead we type....

9. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Ok. But what if the military is on our side? Remember, they are CITIZENS before and after military life is over. Would you destroy the very thing you are trying to protect? (Freedom, not government) I think not. We just need an event to kick it off... and the S will then HTF... and according to the KJV, we win.

10. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

so... we are just waiting for something to happen so we can act? The time must not be right yet, maybe after the rest of our freedoms are gone the time will be right.

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Until we as a whole recognize a problem, it does not exist. If a tree falls in the middle of the woods, and noone is around, does it make a noise? Do you know what is going on in a small village in Africa? Then it's not happening. So until the US as a whole quits being little "SHEEPLE" "Everything is good/The government is here to help" commies, we must sit back and watch it get worse. I'm sorry to say, but some folks let their children put a car key in a 110v electrical outlet. This is to teach the child a lesson, because pain and suffering is the #1 method to change behavior. So when we as a whole have had enough pain and suffering, then our behavior will change. Bank on it.

12. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

I find it hard to believe americans are even capable of uniting under a common banner anymore. And if they are I hope they don't wait until it is too late. For the record I am not inciting anything, just thoughts. We the people have the power to bring this government to it's knees without breaking a single law. For gods sake the french have national strikes, THE FRENCH ! or if we want to break the law but in a non violent way, stop paying taxes, not just a few of us but most of us. what would the government do then? foreclose on 80+ % of america?

13. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Member

NC
    +1!

14. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

But everyone's employer holds out taxes and such from their paycheck, unless you get a 10-99... so not paying taxes is essentially not possible in the system we have now. If you have 10-99's, sure, but not if you get a W-2.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again: F*^& the french.

There's a better way to do just about everything. But it takes a long time to refine the methods used. When we have the methods, the resources, the will power, the mentality, and the courage; Then the sleeping bear known as the PEOPLE will stand up as one. Until then, sit back, relax, and obey the law... :)

16. Personal responsibility is dead, resistance is futile.

17. Don't ever think we dont controll the government. I was born in 1960.

Starting in 1967 WE THE PEOPLE........

Ended Government sponsored discrimination

Ended the Vietnam war

Forced president Nixion to resign or be prosecuted

Most of it was done by peacefull demonstrations. Some of it was done by force and violence. Mostly by occuping University buildings with a few bombings thrown in. Then the National Guard invaded Kent State U in Ohio and killed 4 unarmed students. The demonstrations continued even under the fear of military reprisals.

I've seen this country go through far more precarious times than this. If it continues to decline and the 20-30 year olds don't respond to change things, we the older generation, will step up and save our country once again. We've done it before.

But understand this, our country is not in as bad shape as you seem to think. Check our history from 1966 until 1978. You need to put it all in perspective which is hard to do if you dont really know of our recent history. Its easy for us older folks. We lived it.

18. You don't really think our current crop of 20-30 year olds are going to be able to do anything constructive, do you?? They will most likely be the problem. You have to CARE and BELIEVE in something to be able to get changes done. If they don't become the problem, their slackly raised, TV educated, game faced zombie kids WILL. My teenager has a pretty level head, but I can't see her volunteering to protest anything unless they cut off her cellphone texting!!

19. nerf955

nerf955 Guest

WOW thanks for your kind words CG-49 Plankowner I am 23 and I CARE, BELIEVE IN, AND LOVE THIS COUNTRY as much or more than the next guy younger or OLDER

Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops.-James Madison

20. I drives me crazy for people to say that the generation of 20-30 year olds are so apathetic and don't care about this country. Just like with any generation we have those who don't care and we have those like Nerf955 and myself (I am 25) who love this country and realize it is the greatest country on earth. When ever I hear an older person talk bad about my generation I simply look at them and say well your generation raised us. End of rant!