Ammo boxes?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Adjuster, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I want to buy some of those plastic individual slotted ammo boxes for my 7.62x54r Mosin ammo. My Natchez catalog doesn't list this particular caliber but I am guessing I would need either the 30-06 or 308 boxes. Can anyone confirm?

2. I am not smart enough to figure this out but I found this page that gives several caliber dimensions. Can someone tell me which caliber is slightly larger than the 7.62x54 so I will be assured of it fitting that ammo box.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinCartridges.htm

3. Looks to me like the .308 would be a little small. Your best bet would be the 30.06 it looks to me.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Take a look at these. I have been using these for everything I have from 30-06, 8mm. 303... Your 7.62x54 will fit very nice. the 7.62x54 is .311 or .310... The 8mm Mauser is .323.. But the boxes should not be so tight that it would not take just about any 30 cal military shell

http://www.berrysmfg.com/66.php
    [​IMG]

5. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I've got 4 of those boxes for my 9mm. I need to get a few more, and a bunch in 9mm so I don't have to take a huge can to the range every time. I usually have 500-1000 rounds in a can, and it just sucks to carry that thing around! The boxes are sweet.

6. neothespian

neothespian Member

I need to get more of those. Getting enough various types of ammo that it's becoming a pain when I go out and shoot. Used to be I could load everything in one can, but now it's getting a BIT heavy

7. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

i bought one for 30-06 but the case wasnt tall enough.

the -06 round was supposed to go in case down, i had to put my 54R in bullet end down because the rim of the case was too wide.

so when i did that, the top of the case didnt close properly..

best bet is to buy something at a gun shop or outdoor shop and bring a round to test fit.

8. That is the one my ammo came in from the gun store last week. Works good. Kind of pricey at $35.00 per 50 rounds, but beggars can't be choosey. :D

9. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

cases made for .45-70 or .38-55 fit a 54r very nicely.

SW