Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following Sweetie as she walked through the local Wally World and I spotted these "Craft Boxes". Hmm, these look JUST like ammo cans. Yes, Virginia, they are fully gasketed.
upload_2020-12-15_9-6-23.png

·
Registered
679 Posts
G

·
You just reminded me - been meaning to post about these since several weeks back.

Same box and same price it looks like except located in the hardware section with the different label and name you see here:

(btw, are the Harbor Freight boxes made in china, like almost every single thing in that store is?)
0609201746-1-1.jpg
0609201747_HDR-1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was no tray insert in the one I opened up. So, probably not.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I like those clear ones. Easier to see whats inside.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Yeah, I usually use my superpower x-ray vision but it tends to melt the box.
And THAT is why metal is better than plastic.

Not that it stopped me from buying 4 of them last night.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I just wish all these different plastic boxes would stack together nicely. The WallyWorld ones are different than HF which are different than Plano....

I really ought to just stick to metal GI .30 cal cans.

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
And THAT is why plastic is better than metal. Doesn’t rust, either.

I have a mixture. My US and Russian type surplus caliber ammo is in metal, my mixture of “other” milsurp is in plastic. The handgun ammo is the same way, except it’s range fodder in plastic, “real” defensive ammo in metal. Except the 10 mm, which is in the pink plastic. Which one would I grab if I actually really was running for the hills? The metal cans full of 5.56, 308, and X39, the .40 and 9 mm, and the pink ones. If I have time, I’ll grab the big plastic crate of .22 as well.

Obviously, I’m taking the truck. If I had to walk...nope. I’m in rear guard mode by that point. Go on, leave me boys, I’ll hold them off as long as I can.

·
Registered
679 Posts
What is Duck Chaser?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts