Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So After hitting nearly every gun store in South Reno yesterday and not finding a single box of .380 Auto, i go to the local store and sure enough, he has some.
It is expensive($21 a box for FMJ) but he had some. I have never used this brand before. It is Federal American Eagle. Red box.
HAs anyone used this ammo in their CF380? IF so, how did it do?

HE did have Magtech .380 JHP, but they were even more, and i don't want to use those as target ammo.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am only using it as target and break in ammo. How is it with feeding?

·
Registered
476 Posts
There are ammo shortages for all calibers except for .38sp and .40s&w .. :'( As for .380 , 9mm and .45acp good luck getting any good target rounds for a deccent price if you can get any at all . :brow:

·
514 Posts
I've shot AE in my CF380 and it works as well as any other "bargain brand". Shoot away and have some fun!

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I use AE in my 9mm and it works just as good as any other.... I too use it for practice and breakin only..... have a box of the hollow points to load up for home defense purposes.........

·
Registered
21 Posts
380 is real tough to come by around these parts.

G

·
i threw about 150 rounds of AE at my 380. no FTE or FTF. worked fine for me but good luck finding more 380 in the western US. thats why i got rid of my 380. i lovedddd my cf380. :'(

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like mine also. I have shot Rem green box, and Blazer with no probs. JUst wanna be sure before i pay $40 for 100 rds. that AE will feed fine.

G

·
AE 380 and AE 9mm feed fine through both of mine. along with blazer brass and PCM. actually i have to to buy ammo and have a issue with feeding or firing..id say do it. but that my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Is Blazer Brass ammo good for the CF380?
Or Tula steel case or Federal aluminum... They eat anything. I like Federal aluminum, but that's cuz it can be reloaded. Blazer can't - leastways, not easily

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts
:mummy::mummy::mummy::mummy::mummy::mummy::mummy:

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
If Kirk can, the new guy can @TNTTRAILERTRASH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts