Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told today by a gun dealer that you should only fire the lowest grain ammo in HP's, he said even HP wanted buyers/owners not to put the higher grained stuff in the gun because it would possibly cause injury or death.

I called HP and they said as long as it was rated +P it would work fine. The only thing they didn't recommend was reloads because they are inconsistent and people naturally tried to jack them up with more power.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
The gun dealer was either honestly mistaken, or was trying to steer you towards a more expensive gun sale.

As far as im concerned, they are as safe as most any other weapon using everyday ammo that the average shooter uses.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That guy has lived this long? Must have been hard not having a brain... I've fired every grain I know of in 9mm and .40 through my HP's, have yet to have a single problem and I'm still alive. Ignore him. They're rated far beyond anything you could possibly shoot through it, handloads excluded.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I know that they can handle +p+ rounds. I have shot alot of +p in my cf 380

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That guy has lived this long? Must have been hard not having a brain....
Dude, warm me next time....... I was drinking while reading this post, not a pleasant outcome. :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, I shoot everything [that's allowed] in mine. No issues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy already knew I had 3 HP's, he wasn't trying to sell me anything.

I was looking for some ammo and a SKS, but we were just discussing the HP's.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Then he is misinformed. Maybe you ought to print off the Hi Point page where it shows that they are rated to +P+ ammo

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Your dealer is either ill informed or maybe a bit snobbish because selling a HiPoint does not bring him the higher profit margins like costlier guns do.

The following are excerpts taken from http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com web site:

The Carbines:

Whichever you choose, you are assured of reliability and accuracy at an affordable price. Hi-Point carbines are +P rated and accept all factory ammunition.
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/carbines/hi_point_carbines.html

The Pistols:
Whichever model you choose, you are assured of reliability and accuracy at an affordable price. Each is sized to assure a firm, comfortable grip and exceptional recoil control. Hi-Point handguns are +P rated and accept all factory ammunition.
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/hi_point_handguns.html

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
I shot 180gr 40cal and 115gr through my 995...i've also shot 165 through my .40 and no problems what so ever....I smell BS...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi-Point designed their barrels with a 1 in 10" twist. This is plenty enough to stabilize the 147 grainers put through the 9mm tube. If it weren't safe, then Hi-Point would say so.

Don't any gun shop owners realize that in this age of lawsuits, that firearms manufacturers have to be safer than ever when building firearms, and build them stronger than they have to be?

So the guy doesn't have a brain? That means it IS possible for someone with anencephaly to successfully hold a job...

wizard93

1 - 14 of 14 Posts