1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Magtech P+ 115 Grain Jacketed Hollow ..... They use Barnes bullets

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Hi-Point recommends using Blazer Brass & the also recommend that you STAY AWAY from the WWB.
I have to agree that the Winchester was causing some jams in my C9. I shot some Blazer & had no problems in either my C9 or my new JHP .45.
I've also had good luck with PMC Bronze, Magtech, American Eagle, Ultramax(Pro reloads) & I use the Win. Ranger 115gr +P+ as my self defense load. I'm going to try some Independence next & see how that shoots.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Blazer Brass! Although I admit that is my C9 gets more rounds thru it it becomes less finicky but the BB has been true.

WR2

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mornin Boys,
Anyone know what the over all length of a Winchester bullet is? I had some but their gone and I don't want any more. I have found that 1.160 length will cause my C9 to jam every 3rd shot but a 1.154 will jam about once every 2nd or 3 mag. I am now usin 1.150 and it seem to work but I only fired 2 mags so far. (cold and windy).
I also found with the Winchester loads, I am all over the paper but with 4.2 grains I am hittin 5 out of 8 in a 2" circle at 7 yards free standing, (4 out of 4 consistently) I have 8 4.4 and 8 4.0 ready to test but again, it's to darn cold and windy out. What grains are you boys usin?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Blazer Brass and S&B have been very very good to me

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I have had most of my problems in the C9 with WWB. I Started seeking out other brands, and found great success with Blazer Brass.
I picked up some Speer "Lawman" rounds recently, but have not had a chance to fire any.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Any thing you buy. Some have probs with different kinds - mine eats any and all. And, I'll go out on a limb here, I think MOST HP's eat any and all.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mornin Boys,
Anyone know what the over all length of a Winchester bullet is? I had some but their gone and I don't want any. I have found that 1.160 length will cause my C9 to jam every 3rd shot but a 1.154 will jam about once every 2nd or 3 mag. I am now usin 1.150 and it seem to work but I only fired 2 mags so far. (cold and windy).
I also found with the Winchester loads, I am all over the paper but with 4.2 grains I am hittin 5 out of 8 in a 2" circle at 7 yards free standing, (4 out of 4 consistently) I have 8 4.4 and 8 4.0 ready to test but again, it's to darn cold and windy out. What grains are you boys usin?
I just measured the following FMJ:
WWB 1.600
Wolf 1.660
CCI Blazer Brass 1.565

All of the above fire flawlessly through my C9 and 995.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.