Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to the Super Wally World three days in a row at 7:00 am.......line when I got there all three times and sold out! I guess I need to get there @ 6:30 and get at the head of line! I'm all for free market, but come on, hoarding will kill us all in the end. I even ask one guy if I could buy ONE box, of 50 9mm, from him and he looked at me as if I asked him for his kidney!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
this likely a temporary situation. In the meantime, depending on how much gas you used to get to WW three days, it may have been better spent and use of your time to order bulk online, or hit the Bass Pro, Dicks, etc.

Dicks still has sales near me that at times dip below WW prices. Keep your eyes open, something will pop up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No extra gas spent......I was doing a job (painting/wallpapering) at new shop that is opening next to Wally World. I'm just buying what Ineed at a local gun shop.....30% more in cost.....but, I do like to shop locally.....although I would not mind buying some bulk to cut down costs.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
this 'ammo shortage' is simply a wal-mart issue. While prices have risen, other dealers such as Big5, Bass Pro Shops and J&G always have the common rounds in stock. The only reason there are so many ill-informed freaking out is because so many in the US have been brainwashed into thinking that Wal-mart is the end all to anything retail related

·
Registered
638 Posts
this 'ammo shortage' is simply a wal-mart issue.

I would have to dis agree with you. Wal-mart is currently out of ammo, but so were 2 gun stores, and a local sporting goods store here in northern AZ on Saturday. People everywhere are hoarding. Even online many sites show that they are out of stock especially in 9mm. However there are still some places that you can buy online.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got back from my local Academy. They were out of 45ACP and 38 spl. Told me to come back tomorrow post 10am. Before going to Academy I passed by my SWM and they were out of just about every popular caliber. Hoard! Hoard! Hoard! :cantlook: :dead:

G

·
Also check out your local pawn shops. I know at least where I live, many are also licensed gun dealers, and keep small supplies of commonly used ammo. The prices are usually a few dollars more but if you absolutely need the ammo, it's an option.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I always seem to have a problem finding .45ACP ammo at Dick's. I want to start buying in bulk but dont know who has the best prices and service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
this 'ammo shortage' is simply a wal-mart issue. other dealers such as Big5, always have the common rounds in stock.
Well one reason my Big5 has a good amount in stock is, what WM sells for 19, they sell for 40, what WM sells for 29 they sell for 50, what WM sells for 48 they want 69

So it is no wonder why WM is out most of the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to Wally World over the weekend and they only had 2 boxes of 9mm left. I got them both. The sales clerk said the local PD came in and bought most of the 9mm. Must have been a big raid or something. I noticed at Outdoor World today that they had a big display of Remington 9mm on sale.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I went to Wally World over the weekend and they only had 2 boxes of 9mm left. I got them both. The sales clerk said the local PD came in and bought most of the 9mm. Must have been a big raid or something. I noticed at Outdoor World today that they had a big display of Remington 9mm on sale.
The Remington is good stuff. I use it all the time in my 995 and C9, and always feeds clean and shoots cleaner than the WWB IMHO. Worth the extra buck or two per 50 count.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The Remington is good stuff. I use it all the time in my 995 and C9, and always feeds clean and shoots cleaner than the WWB IMHO. Worth the extra buck or two per 50 count.
[/quote]

That two bucks could be a 20% premium.... yikes. I'd rather get 12 boxes for the price of ten, especially given my luck with WWB.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I see the 9mm is the most talked about ammo on here. How is the supply of .45 ammo?

G

·
I see the 9mm is the most talked about ammo on here. How is the supply of .45 ammo?
Well luckily, so far I haven't found a shortage on my .380's...but I have noticed my WW is usually always out of .45's and almost or out of 9mm most of the time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.