Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ammunition maker Fiocchi USA to build primer factory in Little Rock

Ammunition manufacturer Fiocchi has chosen a 281-acre site in the Port of Little Rock for a new primer factory, expanding its operations in Little Rock, the company said in a news release.

The new facility will be one of only six primer manufacturing operations in the U.S. and the only dedicated lead-free primer plant in the world, the company said.

Fiocchi said it looked at five locations in three states for the expansion.
"This groundbreaking represents another significant milestone in Fiocchi's long-term plan to strengthen and expand our manufacturing capabilities," said Maurizio *****, Fiocchi Group chief executive officer, "and to bolster primer supplies not only for Fiocchi products but also to increase supplies for the ammunition manufacturing industry at large.

"We sincerely appreciate the support of Gov. Hutchinson, Secretary of Commerce Mike Preston, Jack Thomas of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce, Bryan Day of the Port of Little Rock, and all partners involved who helped make this possible."

The plans for the new factory come after three major acquisitions by Fiocchi in the last two years, including shotshell manufacturers Baschieri & Pellagri and Lyalvale Express, plus a division of Grandeur Fasteners of Little Rock which led Fiocchi to look at Little Rock for the new primer manufacturing facility, the company said.

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great , but now we wait!
Well it's like I told some "I'm in the gun industry" dumbass that said it would take several YEARS to get operational. The building could be up as soon as 6 weeks and as long as 6 months. I doubt Fiocchi is going to have issues getting their permits.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Well it's like I told some "I'm in the gun industry" dumbass that said it would take several YEARS to get operational. The building could be up as soon as 6 weeks and as long as 6 months. I doubt Fiocchi is going to have issues getting their permits.
Let's hope !

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
As long as it's making primers before Christmas. ;)

I went to University in Arkansas. It's warm there. Winter construction isn't a problem, unless they get spell of heavy rain.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
As long as it's making primers before Christmas. ;)

I went to University in Arkansas. It's warm there. Winter construction isn't a problem, unless they get spell of heavy rain.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Winter construction is a problem?

It's 19 degrees here, and they were pouring concrete this morning.

On the other hand, maybe that's why all of our floors end up cracking. :mad:

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winter construction is a problem?

It's 19 degrees here, and they were pouring concrete this morning.

On the other hand, maybe that's why all of our floors end up cracking. :mad:
When the engineer hits you with "exothermic" you know it's going to be a cold weather pour.

But seriously, that's why they use insulation materials to trap the heat or supplemental heat to keep the reaction going, cold weather pours are common. And if they go with an insulated steel erector set building, they could have the subs in roughing out in 8-10 weeks, ready to place the machinery.

Reactions: ajole and bumthum

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
Fiocchi makes good stuff. Really nice to see foreign companies actually coming here to make stuff instead of Mexico/China/India...

·
BoolitMaster
206 Posts
Competition in the primer market is always a plus, but it will be a while before the plant becomes operational and primers start to flow into the market. For the foreseeable future, primer prices will stay high as long as the current mfg. have control over the supply and keep demand high.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Competition in the primer market is always a plus, but it will be a while before the plant becomes operational and primers start to flow into the market. For the foreseeable future, primer prices will stay high as long as the current mfg. have control over the supply and keep demand high.
Generally speaking, manufacturers have no control over demand, only the supply they are willing to produce and the price they are willing to sell it for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Generally speaking, manufacturers have no control over demand, only the supply they are willing to produce and the price they are willing to sell it for.
Most of the issue with primers are the retailers are selling their stock online at higher profit than they can get selling them in the store. Retailer greed. I personally know a guy who works for a large LGS and he buys up primers when they come in and resales them at double or triple price and charges huge shipping prices and sells them as fast as he can get them.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I'm always amazed at the sheer # of gun people who characterize market pricing as "greed". So you're saying your LGS is selling primers below market, one of their employees is bright enough to recognize this, invests his money in primers, and is making bank. If it was your son selling apples online b/c the grocery store was selling apples below market you'd be happy for him.

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm always amazed at the sheer # of gun people who characterize market pricing as "greed". So you're saying your LGS is selling primers below market, one of their employees is bright enough to recognize this, invests his money in primers, and is making bank. If it was your son selling apples online b/c the grocery store was selling apples below market you'd be happy for him.
If he's purchasing their entire stock to do so and their regular clientele don't get a shot at below market prices, he's an asshole. If he's using his employee status to exceed purchase limits, he's an asshole.

HOWEVER I'm curious if he's legally shipping them without a hazmat contract because UPS won't allow individuals to ship primers without a contract and FedEx requires you to become an approved hazmat shipper with or charges you $115~$117 handling fee per package PLUS shipping costs.

Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
If he's purchasing their entire stock to do so and their regular clientele don't get a shot at below market prices, he's an asshole. If he's using his employee status to exceed purchase limits, he's an asshole.

HOWEVER I'm curious if he's legally shipping them without a hazmat contract because UPS won't allow individuals to ship primers without a contract and FedEx requires you to become an approved hazmat shipper with or charges you $115~$117 handling fee per package PLUS shipping costs.
He was probably happy with the other asshole during the 22 shortage

1 - 20 of 28 Posts