AMT Automag ll .22Magnum

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Hdonly, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

Do any of you folks have one of these AMT .22 magnum pistols? I traded my brother a S&W model 10 for this about 15 years ago. It is a bit touchy with ammo brands. I also learned that it like to be clean, especially in the chamber. And it likes oil on the slide. It is a great shooter though and very loud.

Attached Files:

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No, though I kinda want one in .30 Carbine for no good, logical reason. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

Is a logical reason really necessary? When it comes to getting a new gun, "just want" is good enough!

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Not really, but sometimes it helps when my wife rolls her eyes at me and begins muttering. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What about the .44 Magnum?

http://youtu.be/fD5J7ILTXC8

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No, but maybe the .357 AMP version...

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. no seen a automag III .30 carbine at gun show sat in Bloomington wanted it till seen the tag that said $ 1250.00 some day will get one but not giving that for one

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  9. Never shot one, but I hear they are sweet.
    Would love to get my hands on one.
    If you traded a model 10 for it I'd say you got a very sweet deal!

10. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

The model 10 was a 1970's era. I had it brush chrome plated as it was for his wife. She wanted a revolver and liked the feel of the Smith. I think I got the best end of the deal. After figuring out the AMT's little quirks, it is a very nice and reliable shooter. I really didn't like the stock grips, so I made these from a poplar 2x4 I had laying around. The gun has a very comfortable hold now with the slight finger grooves.

11. undeRGRound

INDY
    Very nice, the way you matched the fade, light to dark, front to back! :)

12. It's on my list!!! Almost had one on GB a few years ago, in great shape and came with three mags and a case. Bid as high as I could (that is as high as I had $$$ at the time) but lost out in the last few minutes. Three hours later my buddy calls up and says he's got the money he owed me. If only he'd have called sooner it would have been mine!:wah:

13. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

I cut the shape from the whole 2x4 and then split it down the middle with a bandsaw to get the matching sides. Wasn't sure how the poplar was going to look, but I think they came out pretty nice. It had some green and purple showing when I cut it, but by time I finished all the sanding and the finish, the color turned mostly light to darker brown. Nice wood that I pulled off of a wooden pallet.

14. It will probably be destroyed. :( That's what they do in these parts. :mad:

15. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

High Standard still makes these in Houston, Texas.

There is a waiting list ~ they only make a limited number every year.

eldar

16. 45Man

45Man Member

I shot one (22Mag) when they first came out. Noise & muzzle flash were crazy. A more modern version of the concept would be the Extar in 5.56.

17. SWAGA

Isn't that what it's all about lol

[​IMG]

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    I'd rather see it "disappeared" by an officer, than destroyed :(

19. SWAGA

Those morons probably stole it or it was stolen at some point.
    Some lucky owner could be getting his gun back.