An Even Better Gun Control Quote

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by masfonos, Mar 30, 2008.

1. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    So as not to hijack the ammo ban quote thread, here's a good one about gun control.

Use Google to find out the "Who" and "Where" origins of the quote or PM me so we don't spoil everyone's fun of guessing. Who could it be: Obama, Hillary, Schwarzenegger, Kennedy, Pelosi? British or Australian leaders?

2. browwiw

browwiw Member

Hitler, right? I didn't even google it. Everybody loves to quote Hitler when ripping into something they oppose. It's kind of childish.

3. I think that was debunked. Not sure though.

4. I myself like "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordian. You just leave a lot of noisy useless baggage behind".

5. browwiw

browwiw Member

6. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio

By "terrifying," "relevant," and "informative" do you really mean "childish?"

As for debunking, I can't find anything using the snopes search engine or site:snopes.com on Google. If you can find something, feel free to post it. Good search terms might be the text of the quote or "Nazi Weapons Act."

7. actually, it works better if you just google the actual quote...
    http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mhitlergun.html

of course this is the only website I could find that claims the quote is false, so I'd say do your own research and find ouit for sure.

8. You need to lay off. Just because the quote wasn't right or whatever is no read to refer to him as childish is it?

9. browwiw

browwiw Member

Excuse me for not participating in the group think.

10. It was the name calling, not stating an opinion, you know that, so don't spin it the other way. You could have left out the last statement and would have been fine. Just try to be a little more civil.

11. bobm

bobm Member

It's not a matter of being "childish", or "the group think" it's more a matter of arrogance and rudeness. We practice civility in this forum.
    Thank You.