Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is a copy and paste of my review of the MaxTuck Holster manufactured by White Hat Holsters out of Arlington, TX. Tony, the owner/president of the company is very customer service oriented and responds quickly to any and all emails. It is a top-notch operation. The holster I purchased was the horsehide in the Cowboy Black color.

"Well Tony, as I expected I love the MaxTuck holster I purchased from you. Even though I conceal carry a bit larger and heavier handgun in the Hi-Point C9, than traditional carry sized handguns, I find your holster to be extremely comfortable in all positions. Even seated it is comfortable and easy to draw. I have worn it entire days to see how it would feel after a long day of carrying and it was just as comfortable at the end of the day as it was when first put on. I am anxious for summer to come to see if this still holds true even on hot sweaty days. I noted that you should not rely on the tension test and make adjustments before actually being worn. But I still did a tension test beforehand just to see what happened. Even with the heavier than most C9 my holster still retained my handgun in that test. So then I am thinking it may be to tight for a good smooth draw when worn. but it wasn't. It is perfect."

I hope this helps you in your search of a nice holster to conceal carry a C9.

·
Prepare for battle!
424 Posts
Those are a nice looking design, thanks for sharing.. Horsehide, I like the sound of that, more sweat and water resistant, eh! Hmm, that is one to keep in mind for the future. (Why are holsters addicting:Dto want to own) I could not see it on the site, but can he do custom kydex if say you put a light or laser or combo on the rail of a JHP .45, for example? Not that I own one yet, but someday ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He does not have a mold yet for the JHP 45. He offered me any holster I wanted for free if I would send him my JHP 45 to use for a mold. Thought that was a great offer until I dug more into it. Thanks to our Nazi-like government controls I would have had to send my pistol to him using Next Day Air, plus he would have to send my pistol back to me through an FFL, which would charge a fee to me for using him as a middle man. It would have cost me more than just buying a holster. If someone lived close to Arlington, TX that would be a great deal for them.

Regarding the combo laser/light....I wish you luck. I want the same for my JHP 45 for my home defense but nobody makes an adapter to convert the proprietary Hi-Point rail to standard. It sucks that Hi-Point did that. I have been searching for a long time. I'd get little nibbles of hope just to have the door slam closed. If you find something I am sure alot of 40 and 45 owners would be very grateful if you would share your find on here.

·
Prepare for battle!
424 Posts
Hey thanks for the info! You really HAVE been doing your homework:cool:

Well, I don't have any inside scoop myself here on this one I am sorry to say, but aren't there lasers and lights out there with flexibility built in, when you tighten them, which are even marketed as "universal" rail accessory lasers and lights? I could be wrong on that one, I am still just learning so much as I go.
If someone lived close to Arlington, TX that would be a great deal for them.
That WOULD be a great deal! Get on that cool deal JHP & JCP wielding Texans!
SOunds like adventure:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts