An inexpensive firearm needs a more classy home than a cardboard box!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by kevin6154, Apr 24, 2014.

1. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1398383783.255687.jpg not like y'all have never seen a jcp before but I had to share. Couldn't stand taking that factory cardboard box to the range anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. Looks like a double pistol case. I ordered my JHP with the HP plastic carry case for $5 more. Large enough for the pistol and 2 extra mags. Your're right, much more respectful and nicer to carry than a cardboard box :cool:

3. Very nice. Make sure if you check it often that foam will hold moisture causing the metal to rust.

4. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Even droped a few extra beans on better hearing protection. Got tired of the ear plugs I get from work. Case and ear plugs both together were less than $20! More $$ for ammo! ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1398384460.277487.jpg gonna do some plinking with my boss after work tomorow. Just polished the feed ramp and slide on the cobra. Also shimmed the ejector. Lol the hipoint worked well after just a mag tune.

5. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I only use the case for transport. When it's in the house it stays near me. Uhhh I sorta live in the ghetto so I like having a fire arm near me. Not actualy ghetto but 4 streets away from the prodjects in mckeesport pa. Been here 3yrs and have had 3"atempted home invasions. Never fired a shot. Never had to. A large firearm is enough of a deterant to ward off a junkie or crackhead!

6. Nice, very nice. Now it Miller High Life time, I see. :D

7. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Yessir. Weapons clean and safe, I'm in for the night, time for a cold one :)

8. Always good to have it where you can reach it quick. I also live close the the "bad part of the city" so keeping a firearm close is a good idea. Now our bad isn't that bad but it's what people know.

Just wanted to make sure you knew about the moisture issues I have seen a lot of great firearms ruined setting in a closet for a year when people thought they where safe.

9. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Yep. Learned that the hard way with a savage mark2. Only took 2 months to rust. It did clean up well though. After copious amounts of wd40 and elbow grease.

10. LOL How many times did you take it.

11. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

over the years i have moved further and further away from the "ghetto" and towards farmlands.. back then i did not have enough cash to afford a firearm. hell a 30 pack of high life was a once a month special treat. now that i live further away from "good neighbors" i feel more in need of a firearm then i ever did out there

12. That's why I always use RUSTEPRUFE on my firearms, never had a problem with rusting or fingerprints

13. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

how long are you guys storing/checking your firearms between uses, mine get a monthly check for loaded/unloaded and a basic look over if i do not make it to the range

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I've done some dumpster diving and scored three different projector carry cases. Something like this:

[​IMG]

And one exactly like this one:

[​IMG]

One has foam and the one above fits the JHP like a glove, the third one I need to tinker with but will work fine. Since I'll have a third full size pistol soon.......;)
    FREE is good....:D

15. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

i almost feel like i would have been better off not knowing this...:p

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  17. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I usually try to make it to the range every weekend. But at least once a month I oil every one of my firearms (outside mostly and rub oil into wooden stocks) I only keep my cobra and my savage in foam cases.

18. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1398396233.245818.jpg got bored so I polished the slide on my cobra380. Been a few years since I've polished alloy. It'll look better tomorow when I get more buffing compound.

19. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

you need wood grips now... something about a shiny slide required wood grips

20. Read some stuff on moisture and gun safe's and just getting rid of if. Stuff is called "Damprid" goes in closet's ect where it's moist. So I have it in my safe. No report yet cause it's only going on about a week.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014