Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A newspaper, the Arkansas Times, published on it's website last week a link to the excel file that contained names AND addresses for every single CHP holder in the state. I suggest hate mail, no threats please, to this paper.

the editor responsible is
Max F. Brantley
3210 Edgerstoune Lane
Little Rock, AR 72205-4312
(501) 663-6758

the irresponsible publishers name is:

Alan Leveritt
Arkansas Times
Post Office Box 34010
Little Rock, AR 72203
Phone: (501) 375-2985
Fax: (501) 375-3623
Email: [email protected]

If anyone wants to help bug theses people for an invasion of privacy, please send them a note or give them a phone call. make sure you tell them you will not read their worthless rag or support its advertisers. I can't believe this has happened.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
not the first time. the paper will be sued and end up paying out the butt for that. the hearld in fargo ND tried the same thing and ended paying a six figure settlement (IIRC) after a woman who had a CCW was beaten by an estranged abusive husband she was hiding from. The NRA pursues these hardcore. SD has a law that publishing such information based on CCW permits is a felony.

SW

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hope so.
I've written everyone I can possibly think of. A state reps car got broken into, pistol stolen.
Legislation sealing the list was intro'd last Friday. I hope they go out of business.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
:cantlook:

Damn that pisses me off to no end!

Email will be sent. Possibly a call.

If this was a little closer than little rock id drive there and talk to someone.

Im back in Oklahoma now and Ive know personally and since childhood a state senator whos running for lieutenant governor. Id call him but alas, this happened right across the state line. ugh.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
After looking at the site. Im afraid they wont care. (its their "style" politically speaking) But give them hell anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct, they don't care, you can betcher ass on that one, and don't worry, I will. I occasionally see this guy around town and will not hesitate to give him my opinion. As many people as there are po'd right now, it wouldn't surprise me if HE is in class for his CHP this month. It can't be good having 65,000 or so folks pissed off at you. There is now a call out for everyone who's name was published on the list to contact the advertisers who place stuff in AR Times to stop advertising. Hopefully they will fold.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The Memphis, TN paper did the exact same thing a month or so ago to the good people of TN.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
They are just trying to put us in the position to kill someone that is my take...

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Sorry I don't know every acronym but what is a CHP? ???
Thanks. :) because I would like to be irate over this issue as well :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sorry I don't know every acronym but what is a CHP? ???
Thanks. :) because I would like to be irate over this issue as well :mad: :mad:
Concealed Handgun Permit

:D

G

·
65,000 people- even if 10% called thats a pile of calls for advertisers to handle and it will get attention.

SW
SW: I used to let this sort of thing slide, esp about contacting the advertisers, but NOT NOW!
I Have my CCW (concealed carry of a weapon), and when I hear of that tripe, that gets me riled up!

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone who reads this is welcome to send a nasty note. People are livid.

I heard about that 2TNmules, I also heard it generated about half a million hits to their website. I suspect this idiot did this to increase numbers. Sad, that's the only way they would ever get that much traffic. Or could be because he is the ultimate liberal puke. Anyway they have gotten my opinion on the matter, as have any advertisers that have an email address listed. I've even gone to the trouble of finding owners names and addresses and phone numbers, included them in the emails I sent, asking them how they felt about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.