an odd question

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by oldnoob, Jan 22, 2008.

1. does Hi Point pistol have "generations"? i know some style of pistol have different generation, alloy/stainless steel/polymer...etc. was HP pistol always the way it is? hopping some of more seasoned gun love can answer this odd question.

i ask a local gun shop owner for the same question but didn't get an answer for it. he didn't even know glock(17) have different generation.

2. 3daughters

3daughters Guest

yes. they do. I don't know the specifics in the different years, but there are some differences, like the ones they nickel plated years ago.

3. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

not sure of all the generations but i do know the 1st gen of the gun had a metal frame (what type of metal i dunno) i've never even seen pictures of them though..

I have heard the metal framed versions was notorious for jamming, i dont know if thats true.

4. I've seen a picture of one of the old metal framed ones, but never actually held one.

5. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

My dad just purchased a C-9 Used and It was the metal framed version.. Took me a minute to realize it but I was stunned when I finally saw that it was a metal frame there werent a whole lot of noticeable exterior differences Anyhow It did have a few FTE and FTF issues so its en route to Beemiller right now to be fixed.. I am hoping that they will update it with the new frame.. Fingers crossed

6. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

really? if i had a metal frame one i'd hope they would fix it and send it back with a metal frame..

but if they have to do any frame work they will probably replace it with poly, it's cheaper to make and i doubt they even have the ability to pump out a metal frame anymore.