....and the Oscar for best parenting skills goes to....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Feb 6, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Freakin idiots....... This is actually the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard....

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I get the whole "scared straight" type reasoning, but I think this one was ill advised.

However, there was no kidnapping and there was no neglect so the Felony Kidnapping and Felony Neglect charges should be dismissed with prejudice. I'd buy a lower Abuse charge, however.

The kid is going to need Counseling, of this I am certain.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. Bull

They're just lucky felonious stupidity is one charge congress would let pass.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well, that was more a result of Enlightened Self Interest. They couldn't pass Felonious Stupidity laws without incriminating themselves.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Bull

That was my point.....

7. SWAGA

How many adults would it take for one, just one, to say "this is not a good idea".
    No way to know for sure but it's at least more then 5........

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

The problem is that there is no requirement to be an 'adult' to have children.

9. it has been an interesting struggle for me.

I want my children to be polite and social to adults, but not to talk to anyone all the time.

So we have taught our children "dont talk to strangers if you aren't with mommy, daddy, or teacher"

This way they feel safe enough to converse with people at the store and school church etc. but when we arent around they come looking for us.

Another part is though, We dont leave our kids go places alone, so there isnt really a panic of them being able to see strangers with out us.

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That was my immediate response to the article. It is hard to make a kidnapping charge stick when the child is already under the guardianship of the parents, and the participants in this misguided venture were acting within the reckless guardians' intent for the boy.

As far as the neglect goes, that would require some reckless release of the boy from any supervision or deprivation of resources from him. Their actions were mentally and physically abusive, but they weren't neglectful.

I'm pretty sure that when this is all over, those involved will have the kidnapping and neglect charges dropped, but they certainly will, and should, be tried for abuse.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What in the heck does a 6 year old know about sex slavery? And why does he know it? And what sort of idiot threatens a kid with it?

There's a whole lot of stupid and weird in that entire situation.:cool:

12. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Am I the only one who thought this was pretty genius? I seriously freakin doubt if I were that kid I'd forget the lesson lol. But then again I've never learned much without experiencing results lol.

13. Bull

Yes you are....... Before you think of having any kids, please allow us to kick you in the nuts...... Repeatedly......

14. SWAGA

Well you can join the parents then....
    Have they even considered talking to the kid?
    That kid is scarred for life....that is NO way to teach life lessons.
    What you tell him fire is dangerous by dousing him in gas?

[​IMG]

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

If they as the actors kidnapped their own kid its still kidnapping child abuse child neglect and endangerment plus a whole lot more charges. If convicted they will have to registered as a offender just like a sex offender. Dumb asses deserve it for screwing up the kid.

16. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

I'm fixed, I know if I dropped larvae they would overtake the world is short order with the soft spineless offspring most are coddling at the moment.

I welcome anyone to try your proposed birth control method though, you may not like the state you wake up in though :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  17. Bull

Don't be an idiot then, and we'll have no reason to try!....

18. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

DOOP! Getting child services involved will haunt them all for freakin ever until the kid is like 100 years old :rolleyes: "I see stupid people. They walk around all day long and don't even know their stupid".

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    My mom got me to stop playing with matches by threatening to hold my hand over a gas stove burner.

20. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Children these days are so coddled that anytime someone feels the need to resort to tough parenting they're instantly vilified.

That being said, these dumb asses went way too far.