Anderson AM-15 Lower

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Visper, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Anyone here have experience with these?

I've only been into the AR game for a little bit and have been going with PSA parts mostly on my assembly.

LPK seemed like quality stuff. Mil spec buffer tube and I bought a Larue R.A.T stock that I am still waiting to get delivered. I have it all together and fit/finish seem nice. Pins lock right into place with no play and trigger pull seems nice. I couldn't pass up the total price of 130ish.

I originally had my PSA upper on a ATI "multi-caliber" and it worked fine, just not sure if I trust polymer yet, even with metal embedded... so i just put the Chiappa M4-22 dedicated upper back on that.

I know it really doesn't matter since I already bought it, but I guess I'm hoping no one has had horror stories about the Anderson lowers and make me regret just buying it!! I just figured for the same price as a polymer I could get aluminum it was a win.

On another note, ClassicFirearms (just got an email) has a Omega -15 Complete AR-15 Black Polymer Lower Receiver by E3 Arms for $129.00, completely assembled. How many different polymer receivers are out there? I never even saw these during my receiver shopping, just New Frontiers and ATI mostly.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I've had an Anderson lower on my bushmaster upper for ever a year.... Zero problems.... Fit and finish are good.... Mates up clean with my upper.....

3. Visper

Thanks Bull. Puts my mind at rest!:thankyou:

4. papataylor

papataylor Member

Anderson is good stuff. It's hard to mess up a lower.

as far as poly goes, my carbon-15 is an absolute work horse. It goes coyote hunting regularly and has taken many of the dirty bastiges.

5. Visper

Thanks PT.

As for the polymer lowers, I'm sure you've read the horror stories about them cracking by the buffer tube. Not sure if this is true as its only on the "internet" but I have read enough of them to make me leery.

But the few that I know do have them, as you, have had no complaints...

6. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

No problem with my ATI Omni hybrid with a poly lower . It's chambered in 5.56 x 45 nato 1/7 twist and all I've been running is m193 55 grain and m855 62 grain and a few boxes of 77 grain with no problems

7. rickm

rickm Member

I cant comment on how good they are but i bought 2 of their stripped blem lowers back when they had them for $49 with the intention of building but turn around and bought 3 cheaper than i could build just before the scare hit

8. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Good to hear the positive comments on the Anderson lower.

I was in the LGS this weekend and spotted one tucked in the back of the display. It had been sitting there for a while, so I was able to dicker down to $43 for it! Can't even get a 80% poly lower for that.

I know nothing about this platform, but look like I'm going to learn...

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Have 2 of the lowers from Aim $39.99 each they also have the uppers same cost or bushmaster upper for $49.99

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

the lower is the part with the serial number, right?
    While $40 from AIM sounds good, with shipping and transfer fee, it's more than the sale price at the range/shop I go to; they have Anderson stripped lowers on sale for $50 each($85 normally).
    Was thinking of buying one, and a slide fire stock, and building my own ar-57. Then I could also get a 5.56 or .300blk upper later on and not change anything

11. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    There are bunches of the Anderson stripped lowers for sale at the gun shops in my area. Going price is $49.

12. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Mine runs like a champ

13. Visper

Yeah, I got my Anderson receiver from my FFL, the LPK online, mil spec buffer tube from Ebay and a Larue R.A.T. stock from EODUSA.

Nice to hear about the polymer receivers though, so even though I got this Anderson one I can always use the ATI OMNI hybrid polymer lower if needed also.

14. Visper

Well its all together and shot very nice today at the range. Not one problem. I got to try the (3) FDE Troy Battle mags i picked up for 5.99 each too. Seem like a quality magazine, especially for that price!!

So I got to try out a Springfield XD and my finally complete AR. It was a good day.

Anyway final picks after it was all assembled:

Attached Files:

15. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice rig Vis!

16. Branth

Branth Member

What kind of optic is that? 1-4? 1-6? It looks a bit like my Primary ARms 1-6, but mine doesn't have turret adjustments.

17. Visper

Its a 1-6x24 FireField I picked it up for a song. Its a first focal plane scope. The 1x power is a true 1x which is really nice. But the reticle at 6x gets kinda big, my only complaint. The glass on it is pretty damn nice and has held up fine.

Here is the link:
    http://www.fire-field.com/ff13022.html

How do you like the Primary Arms version?

18. Branth

Branth Member

I like it well enough. I'm really surprised by how well I'm able to shoot with it, and it feels really well put-together. The reticle is busy, but I dig the rangefinding and BDC abilities, and am working on tuning my .308 loads to the BDC. The illumination is bright and clear, and the scope has a spare battery in the windage cap, which is cool. I haven't properly tested it yet, but I'll get on that and do the box test and the zoom test.