Angled Foregrip2 anybody using it

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by michaeld1953, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Is anybody on the forum using the angled foregrip 2 on their carbine instead of the vertical foregrip? It appears that it might give you better control and better control when firing from multiple positions. Looking for some input, this is the one I am planning on buying, it is shorter than the regular one. Let me know please, your thoughts and or experience. This is it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-AFG2...436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25930c5b04

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    One of theesis thingies? Love it. Much better than MoMs floppy grip. Took some trimming to fit the HP rail though.

Attached Files:

3. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I have an AFG2 on a non Hi-point carbine. I use it to rest the palm of my hand on while having the rest of my hand and fingers wrapped around the sides and top of the forearm-grip. I like the ergo-angle that causes the hand holding the forearm to be at. My AFG2 came with the extra finger rest already on it, but I replaced that with the provided flat non finger-grip piece. I'm contemplating someday even filing/sanding down the forward finger rest, which is in the very front of the AFG2, as much as possible. It can only be sanded down about half way though, because that is where the forward screw is that holds both halves of the AFG2 together.

4. Now that is what I am talking about. Nice looking weapon. I have an awesome foregrip on my 4095TS and not MOM's flimsy grip but an ergomomical grip. I also have one on a tactical pump but I am entrigued by these angled grips. I want to keep it simple and effective. Would like to hear and see more. Thanks for the pics.

Attached Files:

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Got a MagPul AFG2 on my first AR 15. works very well! Feels perfectly natural, and shooting in low light, shadows, through a red dot and shaded shooting glasses, I hit 27/30 on a steel gong with frangible ammo @ 50 yards. I prolly missed the 3 because I was grinning so hard :D My #1 AR was built, laser bore-sighted and test fired by an Army Ranger, $700 with options! (Pre-Sandy Hook)
    Sonny Boy bad-mouthed it (pre-delivery) but was really impressed when he field stripped it. Said it was lots better than his $1,100 Stag Arms ;)
    The point of all that is, the AFG was wonderful, and I am at best a novice shooter. But I have great teachers :cool:

Other options for grips, AFG1 (of course)

Mako AFG and Mako MWG. Pics INCOMING!!! I intend to get the Mako MWG for my CQB weapon (AR #2) and keep it simple. But I also love the idea of the extra magazine in the Mako M4 Survival Stock

Attached Files:

6. Awesome, just pulled the trigger on the magpul. Got it for $20 and free shipping. She is on the way. Great pics. Thank you.

7. undeRGRound

INDY

Link??? I could use another one or 2 (or 5!), for my HPs and I also need a quadrail and grip for my Sub2000 :D At $20 I could outfit everyone for a Big BEN!
    TIA.

-RGR

8. I use one on my AR I like it . ( would love to show pic,s but wont on internet)

9. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

What is the one in the first pic? That's what I want...love that.

10. undeRGRound

INDY

MAKO-FAB Ergonomic Forward point-shooting Foregrip Grip - PTK

I cannot find a discounted price on those anywhere (yet).
    They are a tad bit higher than the MagPul AFG 1 and 2 :eek:
    But the MAKO Styling is really sweeet! Their whole lineup ROCKS!

11. undeRGRound

INDY
  12. tallbump

Yup, that's the one I'm getting :D

13. undeRGRound

INDY
  14. tallbump

It will probably be after Christmas before it happens. But it will happen :)

15. RobbK

RobbK Member

I prefer the Mako products to the magpul ones. They tend to be more pricy but I'm ok with that as they feel much better imho

16. I went with the magpul AFG2 because it was shorter and with Christmas coming, decided to watch the dollars. The Mako is about 1 1/2" longer.

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    WOW! Big diff in size.

Again, MichaelD... where did you see one for $20??? (AFG2)

18. undeRGRound

INDY

I'm such a DERP!

Same link as the first post! :rolleyes:

Got mine, but the problem is that it is a GENERIC, non-MAGPUL Product!
    Not your fault MichaelD, but I am going to press the issue with

bfproducts
    and see what they will do. I am not willing to return the product w/o leaving negative feedback. his AFG that I got from them is clearly NOT a MagPul product, not even a PTS version, as advertised.

No Markings on the grip
    No instruction sheet
    The (main) rail bolt is allen head, as opposed to slotted in the PTS/MagPul

I have 3 more from a Chinese Supplier coming for a total of $19.91 and from the pictures, they are exactly the same!

Check yours, MichaelD, and let me know what you find!