Angry Old White Guy...owner of the Clippers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Apr 27, 2014.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhT6d5fMhzI[/ame]

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Heard the worst 3-1/2 minutes of that on ESPN Radio.
    When they said "racist content" I was expecting racial epithets, but it is more
    subtle than that. Not excusing his commentary, just noting that he was not
    coming right out and spelling it out.

I do not know how you can make your franchise built on the backs of players
    who earn you so much money and still feel this way towards them. :confused:
    Maybe he thinks an NBA franchise is some sort of "plantation" whatta DOUCHE

Also, talk about double standards, his GF is bi-racial, Black - Mexican...

3. SWAGA

That's not a girlfriend......

4. undeRGRound

INDY

OK, Gold-Digging W**** then? lol
    Most Rich Old Guys know this, when they have a young "girlfriend".

But the press and ESPN is framing her as his GF.
    ESPN seems to have lost lots of objectivity in my view,
    and I listen to them a LOT.
    Maybe her taping of their conversation was for ulterior motives?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    He's worried about people thinking bad stuff because she has black friends, but he isn't worried about the fact that he's an old sack of poop and she's a young chica?

That guy has problems.

Here's my question...in his entire world, the places he goes every day...where in the world would he meet this illiterate girl? Was she serving fries, or performing some other "service" industry work?:rolleyes:

6. I tried to watch the hole video but fell to sleep
    some dude and a wanna be hooker fighting on the phone
    no one cares if she's yellow or red green its not racist its just flat boaring

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Plantations owners made their money buying, selling, and trading their slaves who were used to actually do something productive. This helped the economy. Today's rich white guys make their money buying, selling, and trading their "playa's" who are used for the sole entertainment of others. This helps the economy. Slaves were given food and lodging. Playa's are given money to purchase food and lodging. Slaves were left to provide their own entertainment which at times got them in trouble and punished by the white mans law. Playa's are left to provide their own entertainment which at times gets them in trouble and punished by the white mans law. The best slaves were purchased at a premium at auctions. The best playa's are purchased at a premium at drafts. When used up, slaves were discarded by their owners with nearly a thought of their well being. When used up, playa's are discarded by their employers with nearly a thought of their well being.

Nope. I see no correlation what so ever.

8. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 Member

When one has to deal with a whole herd of heathen, it's sometimes difficult to keep one's cool.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Slaves were not allowed to leave the plantation, not allowed to own anything, and had to submit to beatings, sexual advances, and any other thing the owner wanted on threat of death.

Playas are free to walk away and get job, or negotiate a contract, they have a union, they can live anywhere and own anything they can afford, and they can go on strike or hold out anytime they want. They get paid insane amounts of money to show up on a semi regular basis and do their work, and are treated like royalty by media and fans.

Yeah, I see no freaking correlation either.:rolleyes:

Honestly, that's utterly ridiculous. They are MUCH more like prostitutes than slaves.;)

10. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

umm...i dont see a correlation either since 'playas' are paid tens of millions and many times hundreds of millions of dollars and many continue to earn in other aspects of the game after retiring and they can just settle down on some beachfront property in the Caribbean while still young enough to be highly active. gee i wish i was one of these modern-day slaves rather than being an old school slave wasting away in some factory until my bodies to broken down to be of any use to them anymore.

11. cicpup

Vermont
    I've learned awhile ago that some here will always take my $#!t too seriously.

12. SWAGA

They're still only making pennies on the dollar for what the club and the owner is raking in.

13. cicpup

Vermont
    So I want to chose my reply very carefully to help convey the intended purpose of my post.

"Well Duh!!!!"

14. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Very true...... But who's side is worse, the millionaires, or billionaires?

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    IMO it is a good opportunity to discuss things that most times we as a culture might feel uncomfortable discussing. I think Ajole made some great points too, and the 1 thing that is missing from the Clipper's owner is RESPECT. He could have told his rent-A-hoe
    "Don't bring other MEN to my games, and put pics on FB & tweets" but he specified BLACKS. He's worried about appearances! Just my $.02 worth... YMMV

16. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I don't take your $#!t at all....... That's ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1398645042.494610.jpg nasty..

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Someday, you need to learn how to use a friggin' smiley.:mad:

18. cicpup

Vermont
    Where's the fun in that?

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    As a Group (players) this is what I found from wikipedia:

Under the 2011 CBA, the players will receive a lower percentage of league revenues.
    In 2005 players received 57% of the income and as of the new CBA they are receiving about 49-50% of revenue.

Still, about 50 pennies on the Dollar... ;)

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    Oh, the CBA is the "Collective Bargaining Agreement" or Contract.
    For those that might not have known.