Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Why are you calling names? Is it a sign of weakness, bullying or simply low intelligence?

Gotta love when the accuser is doing the EXACT thing he accuses others of. Leftist projection at its finest.
Rage? I'm laughing, and shaking my head in amazement.
Boy, The Admin ask nicely for this crap exactly like this to stop but noooo.
The bully got busted. Everybody knows it. We are all tired of it. We all know how bullies prefer silent victims and how bullies project their issues onto others. Sad. So Sad.

Bullies need to own their shit or call a AM talk-show.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
Go ahead. Dial 1-800-Eat-Crap, let them laugh too....

Reactions: moona11

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
The bully got busted. Everybody knows it. We are all tired of it. We all know how bullies prefer silent victims and how bullies project their issues onto others. Sad. So Sad.

Bullies hold their power over others and hand out punishments and belittlement or rewards and encouragement at will. Ajole's a teacher. Big difference.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

Why you bulling ajole?? Stop

You didn't listen to the admin? Again?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes. Use the non-chlorinated. Chlorinated cleaners can damage the steel.

Yes you can. The issue with using Olive Oil, and most vegetable oils, is the issue of oxidation. Veggie oils will oxidize over time and turn gummy and sticky. If you've ever come across a bottle of too-old Corn Oil in the back of the cabinet, did you notice the rubber-glue-like boogers around the mouth of the bottle, at the edge of the cap? That's the oil that has oxidized.

This will happen to most oils, either veggie or petroleum, unless anti-oxidant additives are used. In the old days, before anti-oxidants were added regularly (3-in-One oil was an early CLP with anti-oxidants) the solution for preventing oil from gumming up was to either use Cold Pressed Sperm Oil or to regularly clean the gun, even in storage, to remove and replace the oil.

There are actually a lot of less expensive household products which work well for cleaning and maintaining firearms. Book here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/http://www...g-and-maintenance/ebook/product-22153656.html

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Excellent response! But it was kinda' a rhetorical question. :)

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Be honest. It was a joke and he took it as 100% serious. That's known as "business as usual" around here.

Reactions: Chef Duane

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
I know. But it just seemed like a perfect segue into an honest discussion on the subject and I couldn't resist. Some people joke about using bacon grease as a lube. But, truth is, you can (there are, of course, certain things to watch out for). :)

Veggie oils have been used as a lube and preservative for thousands of years; far longer than petroleum oils have.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
I know. But it just seemed like a perfect segue into an honest discussion on the subject and I couldn't resist. Some people joke about using bacon grease as a lube. But, truth is, you can (there are, of course, certain things to watch out for). :)

Veggie oils have been used as a lube and preservative for thousands of years; far longer than petroleum oils have.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Like bacon crumbs and bulldog tongues! Slobber isknown tocause rust, even on Hi Points.

Just Clean it!
Fred, it's a Hi Point. NO ONE cleans a Hi Point! Mom sez 15,000 then send it back for a factory fluff and buff. Welcome to the zoo
upload_2020-4-23_15-14-5.jpeg
You bring treats?

Reactions: lklawson

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had those springs launch on me a few times but after the first three times I knew what to expect. After you loose a few JC clips working on a car or machine lathe you get the idea.

I was taught by combat veterans and would face courts martial if I didn't clean my carbine after putting 200 cartridges through it. Yea, I read the manuals too.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Squeaky door in the kitchen? Olive oil! Chefs have been doing it for years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It got nothing the first fifteen times you tried it. Do you think your results will change if you keep repeating it like it was Abbott & Costello's Who's On First routine?
Looking to get a 995 and just came across this forum...cracking up at cicpup quote: Hi-Points are like fat chicks. They'll eat whatever you feed them and bang whenever you want, but you still don't want your friends to see you with one

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.