Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from my son today:

"Awesome past couple of days here. Yesterday I did awesome on my PT.... ran 15:40 two mile run. I can't believe I ran 2 miles that fast. Today we did Andrew Jackson course. Basically we have our 5 man teams. I am team leader so I call out commands and control my group. We advance up in a wedge formation on a three man group, eliminate it, and advance on a bunker. I send out flanking team and what not, all with live rounds. It's a big deal so a bunch of high ranking cadre were out there watching. After we finished a Colonel came up to me and said our group did a very good job and said I was a good leader! It was crazy how good it made me feel. Our team worked hard on it and performed really well."

I'm someone stunned and speechless. I would never have predicted my kid would be doing this, talking like this. I don't know what more to say.

All you service members here - who have parents and family waiting at home.......... Do you have any idea how proud we are of you? I'll say yet another prayer for each of you tonight. May God bless you and your families.

No need to respond...... just another quick note from a major-league-what-have-you-done-to-my-kid-Army-Dad. If I knew any Army screams, I'd let one go right about............... NOW!!!!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Ok, I'll do it for you....

OOO RAH!!

:) :D :p :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!::p :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Isn't the army "HOO AH" and the marine's "OOO RAH" ? Thought I read/saw/watched that someplace. never having been in, i'm not entirely sure.

Which ever way it goes,... congrats on the fine young man you got there 'Skate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
haha.. Primal does it with gusto too :D

Congrats to your son, sounds like he's doing REALLY well. I would never choose military life for myself, but I've seen it turn alot of people into good, upstanding individuals. And a few into.. not so nice people. He sounds like he's doing the former. Good on him! Very cool. ^_^

That said, where's that Del Taco sound clip when you need it...

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Isn't the army "HOO AH" and the marine's "OOO RAH" ? Thought I read/saw/watched that someplace. never having been in, i'm not entirely sure.

Which ever way it goes,... congrats on the fine young man you got there 'Skate.
That's the thing that I guess can be considered "Lost in Translation". I've heard it just about everyway you can say it. What it really is, is an acryonym, HUA for Heard, Understood, Acknowledged. I think the branches of service took it from there and developed it into whatever suited them best. However, if any grunt, regardless of branch yells HooRah, or HOOYA, or OOO RAH, it's all about the same to everyone else. In USAF BMT, we all yelled just about every version of it once or twice, but mostly just whatever one we came up with first.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
good on him skate.....sounds like he found his place

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's the thing that I guess can be considered "Lost in Translation". I've heard it just about everyway you can say it. What it really is, is an acryonym, HUA for Heard, Understood, Acknowledged. I think the branches of service took it from there and developed it into whatever suited them best. However, if any grunt, regardless of branch yells HooRah, or HOOYA, or OOO RAH, it's all about the same to everyone else. In USAF BMT, we all yelled just about every version of it once or twice, but mostly just whatever one we came up with first.
... and I thought the military didn't have nerds.. :grinwink: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Whatever made you think that?? :wideeyed: :laugh:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Laugh it up, douche bags!!! ;)

Not really a nerd, but I do know the Military as I grew up in it. My dad was USAF and my Uncle was a Marine, and a drill instructor at Parris for 6 years before he got out.... So... yeah.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Laugh it up, douche bags!!! ;)

Not really a nerd, but I do know the Military as I grew up in it. My dad was USAF and my Uncle was a Marine, and a drill instructor at Parris for 6 years before he got out.... So... yeah.
awww.. we were jest teasin! good sport ;)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
hahah Primal I tend to be the same way about stuff I am interested in so it's all good!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Well, now that we have totally hijacked Newstake9's thread, I think an apology is warranted. So...

Newskate, Tell your son I said OOO Rah, and I defy ANYONE who says different.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Amen !! and tell him thank you too for his service!!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys make me tear up too easy........ Not sure due to laughing so hard or just being part of the family. :cry2:

Son will hear about ALL of this! In fact, when he's able to speak with the real world again, I'll have to drag is sorry butt on board..... God, help us!

·
Registered
80 Posts
You guys make me tear up too easy........ Not sure due to laughing so hard or just being part of the family. :cry2:

Son will hear about ALL of this! In fact, when he's able to speak with the real world again, I'll have to drag is sorry butt on board..... God, help us!
Hey, it's ok new.I had never seen my dad cry until I graduated from Jump school.He teared up when he got to come up and pin my Jump Wings on me.OK maybe I dd a little too. :cry2:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Thing is, Newskate is gonna be crying like a little bitch when he sees his son marching with his company, passing in review... I got kinda misty when I watched my wife's graduation from USAF BMT, I won't even lie.

·
Registered
109 Posts
one more for him.... OOO RAH

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.