Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BENT ANOTHER FIRING PIN THE WIFES 995 SATURDAY BUT WE BELIEVE IT WAS DUE TO THE AMMO, FEDERAL SOFT POINTS, ONE TRIED TO JAM AND WE PULLED IT OUT AND THE BULLET ITSELF HAD A VERY DEEP GOUGE IN IT, CHECKED THE PIN AND SURE ENOUGH, SHE'D BENT. CONTINUED SHOOTING THOUGH AND EVEN BOUGHT A PRO MAG 15 RND MAG EVEN THOUGH I'VE HEARD THE HORROR STORIES ABOUT THEM. BUT ANYWAY AFTER THE PIN BENT WE WENT OUT TO THE COUNTER AND GRABBED SOME BLAZER AND AFTER 200 MORE RNDS, THE GUN NEVER FAILED AGAIN, EVEN WITH THE BENT PIN

WE LOVE THIS DAMN GUN

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah these guns are a version of the AK, it seems...you can treat it like sh*t and it'll still love you...

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
There you go ridge, "the poor mans ak" :)

·
Banned
65 Posts
Check This Out

My 995 still fired after my pin was bent (see picture below). The crazy part is that I think the pin had been bent for about the past 200 rounds.

I called Hi-Point and they sent me a new pin and spring with no questions asked. After talking with the Tech I think it may of been my fault that the pin was bent because I was loading the clip with the bolt locked back and I was also slamming it in like I would on my AR-15. :oops:

G

·
That is exactly what happened to me and that is exactly what the tech told me. Maybe there should be something in the owners manual about this, seems alot of people do this. Or maybe one of the Mods could make a stiky for this.

·
Registered
719 Posts
does this apply to the pistols as well? or is it only the carbines?

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
It seems to be the carbines.I have a 995 and 4095 and have had to replace both pins.It seems the firing pin has to catch the sear or the pin stays out when the bolt closes, causing it to ride up over the round and bend.FTF It happens more when the bolt is in the hold open position.I have 2 mags that will go in far enugh to bend a pin in the hold open pisition with the sear cought.the follower has dings from the firing pin.I don't know where thay came from but i don't think thay are factory mags.

That is what I was told by the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts