Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let a buddy run my C9 over the weekend. One hundred rounds later, and both he and his fiancee are converts. They're going to be buyers soon--he's looking on Gunbroker now. He's in Brunswick county, and his gun dealer won't carry them. I don't know who the dealer is. Doesn't matter....my buddy is getting his own C9 or Yeet Cannon.

There are two types of people in the world: (1) Those who like and use Hi Points, and (2) those who talk trash about them but have never fired them.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
The big shiny uppity FFL that’s sitting on my rifle has a “Yeet Cannon G1”in their display case for $169 among the $1400 1911’s no doubt just as a conversation starter to bash it.

Reactions: Armynurse

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
There are two types of people in the world: (1) Those who like and use Hi Points, and (2) those who talk trash about them but have never fired them.
3) The people who own them, but shit talk them in public.

Busted a guy on the glock forum for trash talking HP's, despite his going out and buying one after shooting my carbine.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
The big shiny uppity FFL that's sitting on my rifle has a "Yeet Cannon G1"in their display case for $169 among the $1400 1911's no doubt just as a conversation starter to bash it.
I took this pic at Gander Outdoors:

squirt-gun.jpg

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts

View attachment 60573

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Not to be a fly in your soup but I think every single gunshop (yawn) has something similar trying to be "funny".
My shiny uppity FFL has hicap mags with Hillary Clinton's face engraved.
Haha...so original.

*and they have a Yeet Cannon Gen1 in the $1400 1911 display case.
(Yawn)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The big shiny uppity FFL that's sitting on my rifle has a "Yeet Cannon G1"in their display case for $169 among the $1400 1911's no doubt just as a conversation starter to bash it.
Swags, I understand but cannot figure out why gun dealers want to do this. I have an Argentine model 1927 colt 1911 copy that I had to rebarrel due to another buddy's abuse of it. The new barrel hasn't mated with the slide and it is now a jam-a-magic. Two lessons learned-never loan out your guns and hi points run well. The first lesson was financially painful but I did have to stake the barrel link and pivot pin to the new drop in barrel, so I have a new skill! Kicking myself in the rear for loaning out that gun, but it's my own dang fault!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to be a fly in your soup but I think every single gunshop (yawn) has something similar trying to be "funny".
Haha...so original.

(Yawn)
It could have been worse-picture Hillary in face cream and curlers in a flannel nightgown. It would have been like watching the grim reaper backing out of a Latrine reading MAD magazine!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3) The people who own them, but shit talk them in public.

Busted a guy on the glock forum for trash talking HP's, despite his going out and buying one after shooting my carbine.
I didn't even think of that category. So thanks for sharing Rachgier. Anyway, my buddy and his fiancée (both college professors) like the pistol. He likes the clarity of the sights (hoping hi point never changes that) while she likes the light recoil.

I like that the c9 is easy to zero with the multitool that comes in the box, or even my Swiss Army knife. And the sights are large enough that they're AARP-proof! No joke-sights that I can see are important. I tried shooting my old 1903 colt 32 auto and can't see the front sight anymore.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts

View attachment 60573

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Yeah, you have to understand you could drown a kid with that thing! :lol:

Haha...so original.

(Yawn)
Well, I'd love to have a true 1911 A1, but I ain't payin $1400 for any gun when I can do the same thing with a less expensive gun. Carried one in the Army and those things were junk. If I ever get one it'll have to be a clone.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an original above any other but we don't have that kind of money to spend on a firearm.

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
Swags, I understand but cannot figure out why gun dealers want to do this. I have an Argentine model 1927 colt 1911 copy that I had to rebarrel due to another buddy's abuse of it. The new barrel hasn't mated with the slide and it is now a jam-a-magic. Two lessons learned-never loan out your guns and hi points run well. The first lesson was financially painful but I did have to stake the barrel link and pivot pin to the new drop in barrel, so I have a new skill! Kicking myself in the rear for loaning out that gun, but it's my own dang fault!
Are you taking pain meds? What does your broken colt copy have to do with Hi-Point being bashed?

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
Just keep the guns out of the estranged wife's hands. Don't talk to her on the phone. Either email or text. Best method is no conversation except through a lawyer. Don't respond to nothing. My most recent tried to provoke me. Told the judge she was afraid of me. No evidence of that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, you have to understand you could drown a kid with that thing! :lol:

Well, I'd love to have a true 1911 A1, but I ain't payin $1400 for any gun when I can do the same thing with a less expensive gun. Carried one in the Army and those things were junk. If I ever get one it'll have to be a clone.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an original above any other but we don't have that kind of money to spend on a firearm.
Welderman, try the Argentine M1927, which was made under colt license in Argentina. The parts interchange. I bought mine for $175 back a long time ago. Today, they're not that cheap, but much cheaper than a Colt 1911. There are also the Armscor 1911 clones. I don't know much about them, but people say they're OK. As far as the 1911s from the Army, I don't blame the weapons as much as I do the persons who came before you and I. If the 1911s you carried were anything like the ones in my Army Reserve unit, they were built in 1944/45 and abused by every hamfisted Private that came through the unit. In my case, ours went to Vietnam when I was 4 years old, were still in the unit when Desert Shield/Storm broke out, and didn't DXed for the M9 Beretta until 1997! So take 400 GIs per unit times three wars (Korea, Nam, Desert Shield/Storm) and countless drills, range days....it's a wonder they worked at all!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you taking pain meds? What does your broken colt copy have to do with Hi-Point being bashed?
Berry's, not taking pain meds. Tried, but failed to make my point that even guns known for legendary reliability can get messed up if the wrong guy gets to tinkering. And also tried to prove that inexpensive guns can be reliable. The piece was hard chromed and it came back with rust at the muzzle, like he'd stuck it in water for six months or something.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just keep the guns out of the estranged wife's hands. Don't talk to her on the phone. Either email or text. Best method is no conversation except through a lawyer. Don't respond to nothing. My most recent tried to provoke me. Told the judge she was afraid of me. No evidence of that.
Yep the court system is rigged against guys that's for sure. Wait until a few more stated end up adopting Virginia's new laws and nobody of the male gender will have guns!

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
Yep the court system is rigged against guys that's for sure. Wait until a few more stated end up adopting Virginia's new laws and nobody of the male gender will have guns!
This is my weapon this is my gun. This is for pleasure and this is for fun..............

·
Registered
21 Posts
i too bought one i paid "full" price for one just to try it out after seeing the iraq88 vids they seemed to not be dangerous and they are on the california approved list so i got one and am shocked how well it works it has no more recoil than my glock 17 or p226

i was aware that slides wore out but not why so i had to discover that myself .

every time the slide actuates the brass in the magazine gouges at the underside its minor but i can see after a thousand rounds or so there could be issues do the carbines do this as well? are aluminum or steel cases more damaging?

i wish hi-point luck on the yute chute but i have my doubts on getting that magazine to be reliable
they are already revamping the slide and frame why not just make it accept a glock 19 mag i'm sure they could get some korean mags cheap to sell with it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts