Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time shooting charcoal and stacks of poker chips out the air!!! WARNING!!! Minor Explisit Rap Music!!!
Wadaya think guys????

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Good stuff man!

G

·
I vaguely remember when we were in basic training, during our instinctive shooting blocks of instruction, the instructor was able to pulverize aspirin tablets consistently, I always thought that was amazing.
But I read a "trick shooting" book where this guy could do similar "feats" with production Smith and Wesson .357's, just as they came from the factory. It was due to, according to the author, a lot of practice, and could be learned by most anyone that was willing to put forth the effort to do the practicing. It was even more amazing that he did all of his "timed" events well before the advent of electronic timing devices. He had to create mechanical devices that could time trigger pulls, by tripping a stop watch and starting it again. The more amazing shots, to me were rapid fire, sitting, handheld straight stock issue police .357 S&W right out of the box, and nail a standard "human" size target 30 out of 40 times from 265 yards, with a 6 inch barrel! He still holds the record for 10 shots covered by a half dollar in 45/100 of a second, that's less than 1/2 second with a double action revolver.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McGivern

Doc

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. Gotta love Ed Mcgivern! I like Herb Parsons, Tom Knapp, and Patrick Flanagin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts