Another example of hi-points AMAZING customer service!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by c9boatanchor81, Dec 24, 2015.

1. c9boatanchor81

c9boatanchor81 Member

So a few weeks ago I recieved a Broken down, busted up, rusted, dog chewed up, piece of crap hi-point c9 (with only electrical tape holding it together).. I got it from my step dad who basically called it a boat anchor. I posted pictures of the frame here and got some advice from you guys about it. The thread can be seen here:
    http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f273/fixable-my-new-me-hp-c9-316760/

So exactly 16 days after i sent it off, I got a visit from the fed-ex guy and this is what was in the box.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG]

A Brand new new gun with the serial number plate from the one i sent in. Hi-point continues to stand by their products 100% and this is just another example of that. Hi-point offers HIGH VALUE items and a undeniably reasonable price.

I went ahead and made a set of American Walnut grips for it. This is my first shot at making grips for this gun so they still need a bit of work to get the mag ejecting reliably, but other than that they look feel and fit great. check out the pics here below:

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think.
    Next i will be buying a HP 45 carbine, and possibly a compensated pistol, who knows? All i can say is that i am a happy guy this holiday season.

2. c9boatanchor81

c9boatanchor81 Member

I also forgot to mention that this was just a first shot at making grips for this pistol, so i used some scrap walnut that i had. I may make another set for it that is a bit more fancy, out of a more attractive and expensive wood. If i do, y'all will be the first to see them.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Nice grips;-) that's a nice present

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

Wow! That'a amazing! And those grips look pretty hot too, good job!!

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Love the grips man.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

NEVER under-estimate the power of MoM!!!

I hate to say I told you so, but "I told you so"!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Nice grips. Trigger resetting properly?

8. Tchort

Tchort Member

Wow, i knew they had great service but thats awsome.

9. Great looking gun and Kudos to MOM for honoring the warranty, Im impressed. Those grips look SaWeeeet BTW!

10. c9boatanchor81

c9boatanchor81 Member

Thanks everyone for the great compliments on the grips. The trigger is re-setting properly. the only problem is the mag release button hole is a tad bit too tight, so i need to open it up a bit. Otherwise everything works great with the new grips.

I must admit that making grips for this gun is not easy...As a custom Grip maker of 10+ years, and a lifetime of wood working experience, Its what i would consider advanced project to say the least..

Several of you guys told me this is what the end result would be, and to be truthful, That is what convinced me to contact strassels and send her in. Thanks for your great advice, and the end result is fantastic. Much appreciated.

11. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

How hard would it be to make some smooth grips, without the finger inlays, to slim it a little...

Even 1911esque scales, in a light colored wood with a light finish might drastically change the appearance of the c9

I have my classic 995 headed back to me, and it might have been close in dilapidation

12. c9boatanchor81

c9boatanchor81 Member

Well, The bulk of the work is 3 things
    1. getting the depths and locations of the milled out areas on the back of the grips, correct.

2. The bottoms of the grips that fit down into the frame, or the half circle/spokes. getting them to fit properly can be tricky.

3. making sure the holes for the screws, and the depths of the countersink all coincide with one another perfectly.. tricky also.

some of these things are encountered with any grip making project for guns in general, but there are a few unique things with the hi-point grips that are just tricky.

Once all of that is tackled, making a smooth slim grip would be easier than a finger groove set of grips, but only marginally. I think they would likely feel better in the hand though honestly.

13. rcredhots

rcredhots Member

Beautiful job on the grips

14. You can't beat Hi-Point's warranty - like a few others here said "told you so" :D

Those grips are phenomenal -very nice job!

15. sowen

sowen Member

Nice looking grips!

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Do you do custom grips with checkering? I would love to have a set made for a JHP45, and a set for a 622 S&W or two. Maybe even a 2213 S&W. The stock grip are checkered plastic. Probably make an excellent pattern.

17. 31U_Airborne

31U_Airborne Member

And... That ladies and gentlemen.... Is the main reason I just bought a carbine from them... and.. a new pistola since i posted in the newb section... making a total of five guns bought in the past two weeks..

Glock 22 duty weapon..w/meprolite sights, 10/22 plinker, a 50Cal. H.P. 45 Pistol and my 45 carbine...

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

50CAL? We require pics in the "What gun did you buy today" thread with pics of feet. To remain anonymous you may substitute the feet :D Da guBmint has ped-o-recognition software!

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Is that how they caught Jared Fogle?

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

They didn't use pedo or facial. They used anal recognition with his big white cheeks.......