Another "Hey, I got this" turns deadly.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bluharley, Jan 21, 2015.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I did not hear him say that, and did not see hands of the guy that got shot either... might have to watch again.

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

He didn't say it, I'm just saying it's an attitude. And he had his hands in front of him, but it looked a little too aggressive toward a cop telling to to stay still.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    K gotcha.
    It's really not too hard to put a cop at ease in a pull-over situation.
    If you are already doing what they expect when they walk up, that
    is a good start. Being evasive is gonna make them edgy...

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Well I watched the video a couple of times and read the related articles, including the comments that followed the article. First the group here at the Hi Point forum at it's worst is a picture of decorum and civility compared to what I read in the comments at the link provided. Ratch and SWAGA would blow out an artery if we did that.

I do not think that anything will happen to the cop with what I saw and read. The deceased refused to comply with any of the officers commands, exited the car right into the officers face and appeared to be aggressive. That to me spells danger, danger Will Robinson. If what the officer removed from the glove box was a firearm then that provides extra justification for the officer.

What I don't understand is why not just comply with the officer during a traffic stop. I have no problem being polite to the police during my traffic stops and I don't move and keep my hands in plain sight. That makes everything go quickly and safely, which is what the cop wants too. Save your arguments for the courtroom, don't use them on the street.

Well that is my $1.02 worth.

6. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Well he's dead now, let the haters and the Obama DOJ now attack the police, block traffic and all manner of stupid flood the tvs, the internets and the social media these troubled makers use to push forward the myth for the need of a Federal run police force and the disarming of local police like the Paris cops who have sticks and bike helmets.
    Remember never let any crisis go to waste.

7. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

Police shooting in SJ

This happened not too far from where I live I am not commenting,
    you can form your own opinions
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0OzmH_EPg[/ame]

8. harcdaddy

harcdaddy Member

There is no opinion to form. He should have complied, easy as that. The officer gave him plenty of warnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

WHY?? Why so some people seem unable to listen and comply with the officer's commands? Why do some think that it is their place to run things?

10. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

The driver seemed able to understand the police instructions!
    The passenger pissed or scared the police officer, came at the poilce and now he's dead.
    Video and audio the best eyewitness .

11. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

It's because they've become deaf from listening to too much - overly loud - rap music.

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Threads merged.....

13. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I just love that reference. (Lost in Space, for those too age-challenged to get it.) In my house, you wave your arms around when you say it.

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It looks to me like the passenger decided that he was just too important to have to keep his hands visible for the police officer. While there is not a good view of the inside of the passenger area, it is obvious from the police officer's actions that the passenger was, indeed, doing something that looked like a reach for a weapon. His decision to jump out of the car at the officer certainly didn't help his case.

It certainly wouldn't have been hard for him to just put his hands on the dash.

15. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

The article written on this shooting in today's The Blade (Toledo, OH) reads:

Jerame Reid (the person killed), 36, spent about 13 years in prison for shooting at three state troopers when he was a teenager. And Officer Days (Police officer who shot Ried) knew who he was; Officer Days was among the arresting officers last year when Reid was charged with several crimes, including drug possession and obstruction.

Note: both Reid and Officer Days are black.

16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Unarmed my @ss, he had a gun within reach and wasn't complying.
    Figured he'd pull some sh!t with a brother officer. Well he was wrong.

17. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

One of the stories I read implied that the officer had removed the gun from the glove box or something. Is that incorrect?

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Here's the deal..... If you're a known criminal, who's done jail time for shooting at cops, and you move suddenly against their repeated screamed orders to not move, AND they see the gun one foot away from you..... Your dumb ass is getting smoked..

19. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

You're starting to think like me Bull....;)