Another Hipoint bashing thread for your viewing pleasure

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by panoz77, Dec 11, 2014.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    "while I'm not a highpoint owner I've had maybe half a dozen come through CCW classes I teach. We're talking 100 - 200 rounds over two days.

high points are easily the most unreliable with .22 cal 1911 clones being the next most."

So after reading this internet experts testimony, I closed the page before I slipped into full retardation.

3. Face it! A gun that works for less than 200 bucks just drives some people batty.

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I think he meant .22 cal 1911's, not .22 cal Hipoints. But his grammar leaves something to be desired, I read it the wrong way the first time too :D

5. TommyGun

TommyGun Member

I am new to the handgun arena and I don't really understand the snobbery. I can afford to buy just about any common handgun but I just didn't see the advantage of paying 3-5x as much money to accomplish the same task. And, after putting about 500 rounds through my 9mm and .45 I still don't.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Told you it was making me retarded.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Checked in over there ;)

8. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

On the second page in post 43, Stefanovm said he had one that he apparently isn't using. Could someone logged into that feces storm IM him and ask if he would be willing to sell his 'brick'? You can tell him that I'm a Texas resident with a CHL and would be paying cash for it. I'm not that far from central Texas and, if he's willing to deal, I'm willing to drive to pick it up.
    :cool:

9. undeRGRound

INDY

I'm already in over there, PM your contact info once I get a positive response...

10. I don't let it bother me much, I actually don't even read the crappy reviews or watch them on Youtube, because I'm happy with mine, and my other family members that own them have no complaints either.

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

It's turning into a pretty epic bashing thread (9 pages now) and then one of the bashers decided to start his own bashing thread which is at 3 pages now. I'm getting the bashers pretty aggravated now.

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Well here's my 02 cents.
    Lot of people are looking for a simple gun. Never practice keep it in the nightstand gun because I want to protect myself.

Problem 1.
    They're not actually interested in learning about it and shooting it.
    It just needs to work when they need it.

2. They actually know very little if anything about guns.
    Don't understand why one is $800 and the other $150

Because of other factors like a spouse and the idea that they won't really use it that much anyway leads them down the primrose path of......

Hi Points
    Jimenez
    Cobra

And the likes.
    First time they take it out of the box is at the CCW course.
    Now let's face it, especially the 9/.380 can be finicky in the beginning to say the least.
    How many threads do we have here from new owners having a 'bad' gun.

Now because they can't shoot worth a damn they start limpwristing a new gun and you have your perfect storm.

Same goes for the newbies that buy the most expensive gun with the 'least amount of recoil' the 1911-22's

Despite the fact that I like HP's.....new out of the box they're not for everyone.
    It's a bit of a HomeDepot DIY gun.

I haven't even read the article and I can tell you he believes every word he says because it's his experience.
    And "they" never look at the cause.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  13. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Right on point, that pretty much sums it up.

14. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

And why I stayed out of that thread.

If I did join just to dog pile that thread, then turn about would be fair play for them to troll over here. I like my Hi-Points. I like my Glocks. When I go to work at the hospital and drive through 'The Badlands' on the way, I have my Glock 22 and a couple of extra mags with me.

That may change to one of the JHP's as I get more use to them. Especially with a selection of extra 1911 mags with me. Until that day, it is like this rendition of the famous child's nighttime prayer:

15. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Linkage to the new thread for my reading pleasure. ;)

16. panoz77

panoz77 Member

17. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I saw a guy with a chevy once.... and his bumper fell off. What a total piece of crap. I would never buy a chevy in my life! :tinfoil:

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Seems to be all the typical snobby BS you normally hear........ I don't own one, but they're inaccurate, unreliable pos...... Then go on to say their 1k guns occasionally jam, but they trust their lives to em...... Freakin dorks!

19. What?

What? Huh? Member

AZ
    The more people bash, the more people buys Hi Point.

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    Hey Mr. Panozzo, get back in there! I've really been whipping up a couple of HP-Hating Trolls :D