Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What artist have you seen live or what concerts have you been too, also what shows would you like to see.

heres some of the shows I've been to.

Eddie money
cheap trick
lacuna coil
rob zombie
Daath
hate breed
lordi
devil driver
static x
lamb of god
ozzy osourne, twice
in this moment, twice
hell yeah, twice
slipknot, twice
mastadon
disturbed
korn
the red chord
coheed and cambria
Shadows Fall
serj tankian
atreyu
Evanescence
Flyleaf
Atreyu
Hellyeah
Trivium
dragon force
five finger death punch
.....and my favorite show ive ever been to was Metallica. I would also like to see Tool, marilyn manson, and system of a down if they ever get back together.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Ozzy

danzig

couple other smaller bands

My cousin saw metallica late last year and said they rocked hard

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Rage Against the Machine
Stone Temple Pilots
Third Eye Blind (didn't like em , i was just there , i did hit the lead singer with a frisbee tho , which was fun) Cypress Hill
Godsmack
Filter
Deftones
Staind
Bloodhound Gang
The Kottonmouth Kings
alice cooper
alice in chains
Ozzy Osbourne
System Of A Down
Disturbed
Aerosmith
Hatebreed
Lacuna Coil
Black Label Society
steppenwolf
charlie daniels band
tenacious d
dope
lynyrd skynyrd
white zombie
nine inch nails
Megadeth

and others i can't remember , i don't really like some of those bands , but they were there with ones i did like .

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Many of these I have seen more than once

Tiger Army
Sick Of it all
pennywise
dropkick murphy's (always great fights at these shows)
anti flag
flogging molly
against all authority
less than jake
the casualties
bad religion
rancid
f-minus
death by stereo
comeback kid
P.O.D.
N.I.V.
project 86
killing the dream
Orgy
Pinhead Circus
MxPx
FIF
Thug Murder
Suicide Machines
John Prine
Missy Higgins
Blood For Blood
First Blood
New Found Glory
Lars Fredricksen and the Bastards
Bouncing Souls
Dogwood
Street Dogs

as well as all the opening bands whose names i unfortunatly cant remember

favorite show of all time, rancid in 2005

·
Registered
284 Posts
.....and my favorite show ive ever been to was Metallica. I would also like to see Tool, marilyn manson, and system of a down if they ever get back together.
I haven't liked Metallica since high school, but I have heard they put on a GREAT show.. who woulda thought. Dunno, I guess I sort of grew out of their music or something.

I have actually not been to many shows. My first one was the spice girls about a million years ago when i was in elementary school. Then I went to see Haste the Day with a guy I was dating in like, '05 or so. THEY freaking rock HARD. Oh man, that was a fun show. This was BEFORE they got big too, so I get geek cred or something, right?

Also Joe Satriani (badass), and I went to Edgefest year before last and stayed for the Flyleaf, The Bravery, Jimmy Eat World and Social D sets. Social D is my favorite band EVAR and they totally rock.. but they don't put on a very good show, at least not the one I saw. The energy just isn't there... maybe Mike's getting old. :/

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I haven't liked Metallica since high school, but I have heard they put on a GREAT show.. who woulda thought. Dunno, I guess I sort of grew out of their music or something.

I have actually not been to many shows. My first one was the spice girls about a million years ago when i was in elementary school. Then I went to see Haste the Day with a guy I was dating in like, '05 or so. THEY freaking rock HARD. Oh man, that was a fun show. This was BEFORE they got big too, so I get geek cred or something, right?

Also Joe Satriani (badass), and I went to Edgefest year before last and stayed for the Flyleaf, The Bravery, Jimmy Eat World and Social D sets. Social D is my favorite band EVAR and they totally rock.. but they don't put on a very good show, at least not the one I saw. The energy just isn't there... maybe Mike's getting old. :/
haste the day does rock, back in the day and today too. good band

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I honestly don't have enough room for all the acts I've seen in my 12 years in concert and theater production. Everyone from the Charlie Daniels Band to the Backstreet Boys (when everyone HONESTLY thought they were all straight) to Prince to Dr. Dre. I've worked on shows at ASU and NAU with Branford Marsalis, Yoko Kanno, Bobby McFerrin and a TON of musicals to boot.

Although, out of ALL of the performers I've had the pleasure to work with (or the curse in the case of Jerry Seinfeld), I would have to say THE coolest and most professional has been Jack Johnson just recently at our Studio. VERY laidback, talented as all hell and just as easygoing as you would think a surfer rock guy would be. A+ cat.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I would have to say THE coolest and most professional has been Jack Johnson just recently at our Studio. VERY laidback, talented as all hell and just as easygoing as you would think a surfer rock guy would be. A+ cat.
also insanely jealous. I always knew that guy had to be cool.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I would have to say THE coolest and most professional has been Jack Johnson just recently at our Studio. VERY laidback, talented as all hell and just as easygoing as you would think a surfer rock guy would be. A+ cat.
I was VERY pleased to be chosen to work that gig. His manager was an UBER douche.... but eh....

Although, my favourite band to see live still has to be Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts. They're an experimental Fusion/Rock/Jazz group out of Japan who has worked on a TON of major Anime series and Japanese films. If you've ever seen movies like "Kill Bill" or the Anime "Cowboy Bebop" "Maccros" or "Samurai Champloo" then you've heard their work. WAY talented for any one genre

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I was VERY pleased to be chosen to work that gig. His manager was an UBER douche.... but eh....

Although, my favourite band to see live still has to be Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts. They're an experimental Fusion/Rock/Jazz group out of Japan who has worked on a TON of major Anime series and Japanese films. If you've ever seen movies like "Kill Bill" or the Anime "Cowboy Bebop" "Maccros" or "Samurai Champloo" then you've heard their work. WAY talented for any one genre
i'm not too into that music by itself, but the soundtrack to kill bill was awesome.

jack johnson would be one of my choices for the 5 people in the world, alive or dead, you could have dinner with.

·
Banned
4,846 Posts
Well most all of mine are good old hair bands, many of them I've seen multiple times

Motley Crue
Kiss
Great White
Slaughter
Winger
Queensryche
Twisted Sister
Tesla
Dokken
Cinderella
Firehouse
Ratt
White Zombie
Rob Zombie (yes different than above)
Ozzy
White Lion
Danzig
Nine Inch Nails
Def Leppard
Brian Setzer Orchestra (freaking awesome!!)
Poison
Enuf Z Nuff
Faster *****cat
LA Guns
Quiet Riot
Skid Row
Britney Fox
Warrant
Y&T
Bullet Boys
Steelheart
Jackyl
AC/DC
Metallica
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Marylin Manson I almost forgot this one.
I keep having to come back and add on as I remember
Scorpions
Van Halen with dave of course
Ziggy Marley

And there's always one you wished you hadn't seen............Richard Marx :cantlook:

I know there's a bunch more than that but I'm drawing a blank now....probably a side effect of all the 80's metal concerts themselves I guess :cool2:

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Dude, back in the day I really liked Richard Marx... I got a LOT of leg with the help of his songs.... ;)

·
Banned
4,846 Posts
Dude, back in the day I really liked Richard Marx... I got a LOT of leg with the help of his songs.... ;)
I just had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard reading this!!!

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
I saw george carlins last tour before he died. also saw Allison Kraus and union station that same month. the best part? i got all the tickets for free after i fixed a guys car on teh side of the road.

SW

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Which only goes to show Canada's lack of quality control: You give us Dan Akroid, then....*gulp* Richard Marx.....

Guess they all can't be winners.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I just had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard reading this!!!
Dude, laugh all you want to. "Chains Around My Heart" got me more leg in High School than I care to remember.... Oh and "Endless Summer Nights".... On the lake, skinny dipping? Seriously dude? YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Well gentlemen let me see how many I can remember, and if you've heard of them. LOL

Lynyrd Skynyrd (Original with Ronnie Van Zant)
Rossington Collins Band
REO Speedwagon
Ted Nugent twice
Damn Yankees w/ Ted Nugent
Scorpions
Def Leopard
Heart
Cars
Richie Blackmores Rainbow
UFO
Sammy Hagar
Blackfoot
Billy Squire
Bad Company
Great White
Van Halen
Molly Hatchet
Night Ranger
Kansas
Head East

Most of these were well before most of you were born.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Well gentlemen let me see how many I can remember, and if you've heard of them. LOL

Lynyrd Skynyrd (Original with Ronnie Van Zant)
Rossington Collins Band
REO Speedwagon
Ted Nugent twice
Damn Yankees w/ Ted Nugent
Scorpions
Def Leopard
Heart
Cars
Richie Blackmores Rainbow
UFO
Sammy Hagar
Blackfoot
Billy Squire
Bad Company
Great White
Van Halen
Molly Hatchet
Night Ranger
Kansas
Head East

Most of these were well before most of you were born.
Except for a few that I don't know, like Head East.... That's what I'm talking about!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts