Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own no guns at this time, but have been thinking of getting one soon. I amLeaning towards the HP .38. We Do a lot of motorcycle travel and camping, and would feel more secure with a means of self-defense. I would appreciate any advice. thanx , mo

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, a few months ago i was in an area gun shop, and asked the clerk about hi-point products. His response of " it is a $ 130 gun, that's what you will get" didn't exactly sound like much of an endorsement.

after checking online, the only negative comments I can find seem to be non-HP owners. thanks for the good reviews.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome. Just let me say the gun more than speaks for itself. I just barely bought my first HP, own a few others. lol. You will not be disapointed at all. However if you buy the .380 you will buy the 9mm there exactly the same size. How do I know ? Because as of an hour of go I now have my second HP. Oh yea I agree on carrying while bike (motorcycle) riding. Never thought it was an issue until last summer, when a couple guys picked up a bike and installed it in there truck. Yes they were packing. No they didnt get far, however my buddies bike got damaged and held for evidence for two weeks. Enough rant. (*&^ the salesman., you wont be disapointed. Great guns. Are they small and light weight, not really. But unless your 90 pounds wet I think it will work great for you. Be careful though you may get addicted.. :D :D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:

Go Here and read. A compilation of my own compiling. A list of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:welcome: Mo

Plenty to see, do and learn around here and lots of folks to answear all your hipoint questions. Enjoy :tongue2:

But remember.......................................................

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no CURE :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Go CARDNIALS :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

Jet

·
Registered
258 Posts
:welcome: Due to the sizes being the same and the ammo cheaper you might want to start out with the C9 instead of the 380. In my area theres only about 10-20 dollars difference between them, and you will make that up after only 2-3 boxes of ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts