Another new one.

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Gravelface, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

First time owner of a Hi-Point and have to admit, I'm already getting clowned on by friends. Coming in behind the power curve because I bought a broken C9 after reading about the excellent warranty service provided by Hi-Point but after seeing a video by TNF Project I figured I'd give it a go put some of the nay-Sayers to rest.

But already ran into obstacle number 1, anyone know how to contact HP? I've called the 2 listed numbers for 2 days and only get busy signals.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Keep trying. I have heard they only have one person answering phones.
    They are there though.

3. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

I appreciate the information, 1 person to answer phones, sounds like a true test of ones patience!

Is there a list of serial numbers and dates? Just trying to get an idea of how long this particular pistol has been in service.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    We can give you a guess about dates based on the prefix letter.

What's wrong with your C9?

5. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

Forgive my ignorance, I'm not familiar with the components of this particular pistol. But the left side, what appears to be a slide stop has broken the frame. The piece is held in place by a large pin directly above the trigger and dips below the grip in the shape of a hook.

How do you post pictures here?

And the prefix is P1200XXX

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

So far you are in good shape. The 1st letter "P" means it is a polymer frame, built after 1999? That means MoM ie; the factory will repair or replace your gun. They no longer repair or replace the older alloy frame model "C". The BEST time to call is 7:59 am EST. It may take a try or two, but you will get through. The lady's name is Kat, for Katherine. She is a very nice lady in the mornings. Do NOT mention that you have tried for umpteen days to get through. She has already heard that before. And she can not do anything about it. So just tell her your problem. If she ask for you to send it in, you can Google a FFL in your zip code. Should cost around$15-$20. HP will send you an extra magazine to help with shipping charge. Please send them ALL your HP 9mm mags with the gun. Should take 10-14 days for returns. Good Luck!!!

7. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

Man. That is great news! And I'll be coming out WAY ahead in this deal if I can get this fixed on the cheap. Came across a fella selling a lot of old beaters for $35. The broken C9, Jennings 9 (missing magazine), and 3 old Rohm revolvers. He was selling them as parts, I've got 2 back in serviceable condition, trying to find a Jennings mag to test fire it. And need to order a cylinder pin for one of the revolvers. If this C9 works out, I'll be really excited.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Two ways.
    Put the picture on-line in some album, like Picasa or whatever, then copy the URL from it, and paste it into the "picture inserting thingy" you get when you click the small yellow box with a mountain and a moon in it,
    [​IMG]
    above your posting box.

Or if it's on your computer, just click the paperclip up there, [​IMG]tell the things what file to use, and upload it to the site. Requires knowing how to navigate a file system...

Or you can use UPS, label it as "Machine Parts", and send it through; unless your local UPS people are nosy and insist on charging you for overnight since it's a gun.:rolleyes:
    I use a "mailbox" place, they don't ask, and I don't tell.

9. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

[​IMG]

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:gravelface!!!

You will have to explain that screen name, I have a couple of guesses
    and both of them are not really pleasant! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Looks like the LRHO is in danger of going bye bye.

Frame cracked a bit there? You can JB Weld it.:D
    But I'd send it back to the factory.;)

13. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

in my teenage years there was this god awful band called gravelface. The shows were terrible, but my friends and I used to go to all them just to heckle them. We went to so many shows, people thought we were part of the show and actually in the band. Later in my 20s the name came back due to an Army mishap.

14. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

Finally made contact with HI-point today. Hopefully I'll be shipping it back tomorrow.

15. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the Great Southwest!!
    Keep us posted on the progress.

16. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Keep us posted as to how Hi Point deals with this one...I'm curious.

17. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

Brought it to a FFL gun smith, he had it for around 3 weeks trying to get in touch with hi point for their FFL paper work. I don't know anything about Ffls but told him it took me 2 weeks of calling before I got them. Anyone else sent theirs in that could maybe give some advice?

18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :rofl:
    That's killer, I'm still smiling :D

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Ya send it back to HIpoint. Its not that difficult. Your Gunsmith is jerking your chain. Use FedEx or UPS or your LGS or Gunsmith can use USPS and save a few bucks. Your Gunsmith is an idiot find another one. You don't need HP FFl to return a gun for repair.

20. Gravelface

Gravelface Member

How's it work if they need to replace the gun as far as new serial number gun getting sent back. The frame is broke and the slide is gouged up.