another noob signs in

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by h2ogunr, Apr 14, 2015.

1. h2ogunr

h2ogunr Member

currently i have a tristar t120 a steyr m9 and a ruger sr9. i have had times in my life that i didnt have 2 pieces of bread to rub together for a wish meat samich that and all the internet hub bub got me interested in one of the hi points, i picked the 45.

paper work done and paid for will get it on friday and i have the day off so ill wanna go and see what happens.

ive done some reading here but ill ask for pre range tips. clean it first? do the mag polish thing?

also im going by cabelas tomorrow and the web site says they have factory mags. ill want to buy another so ill ask what packaging looks like on the original mag as i dont want some crap that wont work. how do i know im buying a factory mag?

2. 0311

0311 Member

Congrats on your new gun. Don't apologize for buying it. You will not be sorry.

I just bought a C9 today. Went straight from the FFL to the range. Ran a box of FMJ through it. Had a couple minor issues, but that is to be expected.

Not sure if you'll find HI-POINT OEM mags at Cabela's. Just order some from MOM & you'll be sure they work.

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great info here.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome!..... Before you adjust or polish anything, let her rip and see how she does.... I believe the .45s are the least touchy of all the HPs, so run her as she came, and try a few types of ammo through her.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Order your mags from https://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/ cheaper than Cabela's and shipping is free. Just load up the JHP mag and let it set for a few days. If you want to shoot it on Friday most likely it will work fine, but the only feed issue I had was with a brand new mag that I did not pre-load.

:welcome: to the asylum and enjoy your JHP, that is if you got the pistol, if you got the carbine enjoy your 4595.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Just shoot it. Dont clean it, don't baby it, don't call it cutesy names. Grab it like you mean it, and shoot it. That's all it needs.then shoot it more. Clean it eventually. Maybe.

6. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I agree with the others.

I did a basic lube job on my C9 and my JCP (.40). The only thing I did besides that to either of them was let the mags sit loaded like others have suggested. Both ran flawlessly .

Welcome to the club. Let us know how the range trip goes.

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

My condolences for living in a nanny/communist state that doesn't allow you to take a gun home as soon as you pass the NICS check and pay for it

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Bought a .45 JHP a couple for years ago as it was the only gun I could afford.
    We've all been there....some more then others...and some have been back a couple o' times....
    Swab the barrel, couple of drops of oil and head on out.
    Guy on ebay sells the flush .45 mags if you can't stand the battery pack anymore.
    Joey makes an aluminum trigger ($23) and Thingmeister makes fantastic grips if you have $60 to spare. Upgraded rear sight by Mahan ($40)
    Duster makes custom leather holsters. All are members here.
    Not trying to beat money out of your pocket but if you want to doll it up some over the next year you can :D
    Welcome to the forum.

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I agree with talon and swags. Function check, load it, shoot it, repeat...
    clean it if your ocd kicks in. Ha ha
    welcome, btw

10. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I would add, the grips on Hi point accy themselves are serious cool factor, for $17.
    I got the Joey trigger, even though he copied the original, it feels so much better.
    My Mahan site are being ordered this payday....

But all of this was for fun, including the polishing feed ramp and stuff, I wanted to play with the insides and learn.

Now, this Duster holster ......where can I see these ?

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

SD you are going to love the Mahan sights.

12. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Duster is a member here. His screen name is duster006. He makes excellent, custom leather products. The name he uses for making the products and such is OWGS- Old Wheel Gun Shop.

Here's a link to his Facebook page for OWGS.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/OWGS/470902946300089

There is a thread on here, somewhere, that showcases a lot of his work. Good stuff

13. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I cant wait..........the c9 has been a great learning experience redoing things. I cant wait to dig in and learn how diferent sites change things

14. h2ogunr

h2ogunr Member

ok tomorrow at 1000 am im gonna flow it like i stole it