Another "Should I buy?"

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by HiPointArmorer, Oct 14, 2014.

1. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Found a guy willing to sell his C9 comp, two magazines and a hard case for $175. Claims it is in excellent condition. He said I should buy it today before his other offers fall through. Im very tempted by the offer. My only concern is that rumor has it the comp models are louder, how much louder? I've already got 50% hearing loss in the my right ear and I cant afford to loose any more.

[​IMG]

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What happened to 'ears and eyes' on the range?

3. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    It happened in the Army, I was a tank repair guy so I had to go to every range, etc. Also had a full auto SAW and those plugs they gave us didnt cut it.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Double up.... Plugs and muffs. Then you're good unless your standing in front of a howitzer.... That will be the least of your problems then!

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

With ear plugs, you won't be able to tell the difference unless you have a decibel meter?

$175 is at the TOP of value range?

6. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Went to Gunbroker, couldn't find any comps to compare prices with. Whats the most you ever paid for a comp model Macho?

7. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

I would buy it for 175 if it is local and no transfer fee

8. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Here in WA we have to pay 10% sales tax, and the cheapest transfer fee is somewhere in the $25-$50 range. So taking all this into consideration $175 isn't that bad if its in excellent condition like he says it is. Sent a text to the guy saying im ready to pick it up. Just waiting for a response back. I mainly want the comp so I can mount a laser on it. Plan on installing a key-chain also.

9. SWAGA

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

How do you like those muffs

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

$175 is a fair price for a Comp, I have seen them for $150 on a fairly regular basis, PS, I wouldn't sell mine for $200.

Offer him $160 and see if he will take it.

12. MachoMelvin

I paid $150+tax , $165 for mine. Came with original box, paperwork & 2 mags.

13. MachoMelvin

I would take $250 for mine, maybe?

14. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I might, if I had a spare one :D

15. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I bought it, the slide has dents and gashes in it, also the front sight post is damaged. Will need to be sent back to mom for a new slide and to update the internals.

16. SWAGA

Or you can work on it and get it a custom paint job.
    If you bugger it up you can always ship it back!

17. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    What it looks like right now, gonna let it soak in rem oil for a bit before I put her back together. Only came with one firing pin spring?

[​IMG]

18. MachoMelvin

They originally came with a single firing pin spring, the 2nd spring was a later update.

19. My comps I got for steals, but I would have paid $250'each because they were impossible to find for awhile.

20. MachoMelvin

It's feast or famine?
    I just ran into a guy over on FB who is working on a HP collection. He is up to 16 now. The THRILL is in the CHASE!!!