1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
I'm hoping its the Bren made in the US and under 2k!!! Ugh, well hey with the stuff that may happen at least Bren can save Colt in more ways than one.

Pretty sure Biden wants to remove the manufacturer protection so most US companies would be sued out of existence... Not sure if that would apply to Foreign companies - of course they would have to pull out of the states but the name "Colt" would be saved.

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
At least Remington went out of business before they could gobble up the Colt brand.
At least Remington was making decent firearms finally at the end. But the damage had been done to the reputation and they couldn't earn back trust.

On top of that there's plenty of people spitting BS and showing that they clearly don't understand how things work. I heard one guy that I otherwise trust talking about how Remington parkerization wasn't stopping rust. I had to wonder if he'd ever oiled it on top of the park? Apparently he didn't know that parkerization is just a matrix to hold oil and grease yet he laid his ignorance at the feet of remington. Sad. <shakes head>

Colt did some of the same sort of dumb things that Remington did. They did things too little too late. I kept saying that they needed to bring back the python with modern manufacturing methods and I wasn't the only one. Colt ignored it for a decade past when it might have actually saved them.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
They made a mistake when they put all of their effort into fulfilling government contracts. It's a dangerous practice to allow one client to monopolize consumption of your output. If they pull up stakes, you'll be left hanging. Krispy Kreme almost went under when they let the AM PM Mini-Mart chain become an outsized source of business years ago.

Colt should have stuck to its foundational business of making revolvers for the civilian population, along with innovating the 1911 platform.

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
I am understanding that while CZ bought Colt, that the Colt firearms will still be USA made. At least the jobs will stay here.

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just hope CZ doesn’t get dragged down by Colt.
First step CZ should take, is fire anyone that wears a tie, and anyone that doesn’t run a machine on the production floor.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
At least Remington was making decent firearms finally at the end. But the damage had been done to the reputation and they couldn't earn back trust.

On top of that there's plenty of people spitting BS and showing that they clearly don't understand how things work. I heard one guy that I otherwise trust talking about how Remington parkerization wasn't stopping rust. I had to wonder if he'd ever oiled it on top of the park? Apparently he didn't know that parkerization is just a matrix to hold oil and grease yet he laid his ignorance at the feet of remington. Sad. <shakes head>

Colt did some of the same sort of dumb things that Remington did. They did things too little too late. I kept saying that they needed to bring back the python with modern manufacturing methods and I wasn't the only one. Colt ignored it for a decade past when it might have actually saved them.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Freedom Group, as in Remington, had a habit of snatching up struggling firearms businesses to bolster their portfolio to look better to future investors while cutting costs and increasing profits at the expense of QA/QC and banking on the Remington name, all while fucking over their work force and making deals with the devil to get tax breaks and military contracts after greed caused them to overproduce substandard firearms.

So I stand by my original sentiment that at least they folded before they got ahold of Colt.

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
I am understanding that while CZ bought Colt, that the Colt firearms will still be USA made. At least the jobs will stay here.
I'll have to do some research. IIRC production for Colt will probably be moved out of Hartford.

·
Simple by choice
2,193 Posts
They made a mistake when they put all of their effort into fulfilling government contracts. It's a dangerous practice to allow one client to monopolize consumption of your output. If they pull up stakes, you'll be left hanging. Krispy Kreme almost went under when they let the AM PM Mini-Mart chain become an outsized source of business years ago.

Colt should have stuck to its foundational business of making revolvers for the civilian population, along with innovating the 1911 platform.
Krispy Kreme's problem was/is lousy donuts.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Over 25 years ago they were the best donuts ever.
Reason being they used lard in their creme filled donuts.
When they stopped using lard for health reasons the donuts went to hell.
My mother used lard in everything: frying, pie crust, etc.
Best tasting ever. Miss those days. Hard to find lard now.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
I had a neighbor who used to bring me stuff she baked, and the pie crust she made was the absolute best I've ever had. I think she might have used lard in it because I've never had pie with crust that was as perfectly dense, soft, and crispy, all at the same time. The stuff was amazing.

·
Simple by choice
2,193 Posts
They were NEVER that good. Their French Cruller is nothing but a cake donut with ridges. Nothing really special about any of their donuts except they were good at being well promoted by trendy people.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
The only Krispy Kremes I've ever had were the boxes they sell for money raising events. They're alright tasting, but they're a little too airy.

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
Bacon drippings.

eldar

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
I must say that Krispy Kreme’s were good, not only if the HOT sign was up. You just put them in your mouth and they melt. Once they cool they suck. Kind of like McDonalds French fries.

I do not know about them using lard, but I do. Not much any more, but lard is superior to shortening in any recipes that call for one or the other.

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No it isn't. Walmart, the baking aisle, or the Mexican...I mean "Ethnic"...food aisle. Right next to the shortening.

I must say that Krispy Kreme's were good, not only if the HOT sign was up. You just put them in your mouth and they melt. Once they cool they suck. Kind of like McDonalds French fries.
That^^^^^
The hot ones are incredible, you can eat a dozen before you realize it. Which may be why they sold so many.

If you buy them cold, use the instructions to microwave them JUST a bit. Heavenly.

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
If you buy them cold, use the instructions to microwave them JUST a bit. Heavenly.
Nuke'em right up to the point where the glaze is about to melt but isn't quite melted. That's the perfect amount of heat.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts