Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gang I don't know if many of you noticed, I have not posted much this week so far and probably wasn't missed. Anyway, In Williamson County TN, a county commissioner had introduced a proposal to the commission to ban all firearms from any County owned or controlled property. Well after a quick call to action many of us commenced email campaigns and phone calls. This really ticked a few of us off by the wording in the proposal more than the proposal itself. I am not going to bore you with all the details of the proposal. Admitted by the commissioner himself that the word "controlled" actually meant any property in Williamson County. Controlled was one of those nasty little words that left much for interpretation.He put that word in to mean any property that the county had any cotrol over and would have meant all public buildings. This was an attempt to stop those with CCW from using them. Well Monday night at the commission meeting he decide that he would withdraw the proposal and even stated it "would not be back" Although many others could be brought to the commission for vote, We feel we had a positive effect of this. At least for now there will be CCW holders around when they are needed. You know the phrase " when seconds count the police are only minutes away" was used a lot. But hey either it worked or something did.

·
1,792 Posts
Is there any way to get the Commisioner Fired? To set the example For any one else who decides to make such a foolish decision???

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Good Job!! That what happens when the People Stand up to the political BS...
Outstanding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes he can be fired if someone in his district who is not anti gun would run against him and win the election.

·
1,792 Posts
Start campaining. :p:)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Way to go p7196!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thay you are too late for that. It has already begun. People are saying that his way of thinking is dangerous. The only problem I ended up knee deep in this one and I live in a neighboring county. However many people in this area know I dabbled in politics a little in the past in my home county and came to me for help with it. I hope we sent him the message. Especially after his comment of "it will not be back" in reference to the proposal or another one like it by him. Many of those involved say that someone else will re write it and re word it and present it. There is one female who believes all guns are evil. But she can't tell you what a barrel shroud is either. :roll: She doesn't even know who Henry, S&W, Ruger or any other manufacturer is. Yet she thinks she is an expert. There are 2 commissioners that have concealed carry permits currently and a 3rd that is signed up for it.

·
1,792 Posts
I considered the point of Someone else redrafting it with Changed words.

And that is the dangerous Grounds. Thats why I suggested Getting him relieved and MAking the Example.

Not to mention Putting a Known "good Guy" in the office.

I also know it is way easier said and talked about then done. THe red tape for any level of the Game is unreal.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.