Any 4-wheel fanatics?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Langford, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Langford

Langford Guest

I love my guns and shooting sports, but my real obsession is with anything on 4 wheels.

I love cars, trucks, and ATV’s and unfortunately most of my extra money goes towards these toys instead of more guns, but I do occasionally break down and get a new lead slinger.

Here are my current projects:

2004 F-250 6.0 diesel, 8†superlift, 38x14.5 nitto terra grapplers on 16x12 mickey Thompson classic II’s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1999 F-150 XLT 4.2 liter, lowered, full custom interior, and much much more. This one is now my daily driver; I sold my 02 taurus about a month back because I couldn’t stand being cooped up in a car anymore.

[​IMG]

(the winter look)

[​IMG]

2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4, new 2007 model gray fenders, HMF pipe, Dynojet carb. Jet kit, K&N filter, Hauck performance machined clutch, ITP ss108 black 12x8†wheels:

[​IMG]

2006 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4, warn 2500# winch, warn 48†plow kit, and warn trail lights:

(old picture)
    [​IMG]

And I picked up a 2000 Honda 400ex last summer, but I don't have any pictures of it online. It has a 440 wiseco big bore kit, white bros. E-series exhaust, dynojet jet kit, k&n filter, sand paddle tires, pro-taper nerf bars and handle bars, and new fenders.

As soon as the F-250 is paid for, I will be looking for a low mile 2003 or 2004 SVT cobra mustang….I fell in love with these cars the first time I saw one back in 03. I planned on getting one last spring, but I came home with the F-250 instead. And once the quads are paid for (april), I will be looking into getting a new Can-am Renegade 800X….a monster from the factory. I normally ride the Wolverine, and my girl rides the Bruin…the 400ex is fun for the dunes, but it’s a really rough ride. So once I get the renegade, my girl will drive the wolverine and I will keep the bruin for working around the house.

Now I know I'm not the only one on here with these obsessions, so lets see some toys! Cars, trucks, atv’s, whatever!

2. Used to have a 78 Jeep CJ5 straight 6 4WD with a 6 inch body lift kit and 32 inch mudders, but then I got married :(

3. I would love to get into wheeling but I don't have the time or money.

I"m HOPING to get a new(er) ranger i've been looking at buying. its a 97', 4.0 V6 automatic tranny, 4x4, ext cab.

I've got a 95 kawasaki bayou 400 4wd atv.

4. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Have two Can-Am 400 outlander's they are the shiznit.

5. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I have an 02 prairie 650. Its a beast.

6. used to ride a 02 Polaris something. Only 2 wheel drive though. I shouldve died at least twice I know on those things....but what a freakin blast...

Truck was limited to a 89 f-250 4X4. Never got it stuck. But then again tried to stay out of sticky areas..

As far as 03-04 cobra....your talkin my language now man....Hopefully Ill ad one to my pack one day...

7. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

I miss my 93 white wrangler, warn rock crawler bumper w/guard, custom rear bumper, warn lights, superlift 3.5" suspension lift, Lift shackles rear, (Soon to be front too) crappy shocks, 32x11.50 BFG MT's on eagle alloy 10 hole wheels, Swaybars and track bars removed. H4 conversion headlights, Hi-Lift ghetto mounted, Headers and other goodies.

Some guy decided to park his car into the side of mine totalling it, my buddies truck (He hit mine, and my jeep totaled another truck) and about 4500 in damage to my wifes honda. These were all parked cars

8. Langford

Langford Guest

All of these replies and not a single picture? Come on guys! lol

9. GAH my ranger deal fell through. The a$$hole didn't call me back until sunday(first looked at it friday) but I missed the call. Called back 30 seconds later and he didn't answer. They sold it monday.

10. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

[​IMG]

Before painting the hard top.
    [​IMG]

prepped and primed!
    [​IMG]

poser flex!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

And after paint!

[​IMG]

and the new toy that takes up more time!
    [​IMG]

12. heydave

heydave Member

A few of my former projects.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Soon to lift......
    2000 F250 SD 7.3 Turbo. 6 Speed. 4X4
    [​IMG]

1200 Suzuki Bandit 01
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Hey Stryker1... It's good to see that your truck has been washed at least once since you've owned it!!! :wink:

15. Hey that isnt cool. lol I had just drove 600 miles the day prior to you seeing it lol.

But your right it is still dirty. Atleast mine is ONE color lol. jk buddy I love no payment vehicles.

16. Ok, keep talking crap dude! My truck made it all the way to Vegas in one piece... Some vehicles that are the same color can't even do that...

Might not look the best, but my truck has a heart of gold.

17. http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8473&highlight=jeep+thing

edit: gah pix seem to be down. I'll see if I can find the original. Guy was wheeling in his nearly new(ie: 06-07) jeep wrangler and had the trunk of a small(2" diameter) pine tree find its way inside the wheel well and straight through the firewall. His leg was cut and he nearly got his manhood skewered :shock: