Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, is anybody else a huge fan of Firefly?

I mean, who wouldn't love a Libertarian-themed space western?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Hmmm...Firefly...never heard of it

*Subtlely nudges towards his signature*

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I enjoy all kinds of Sci-Fi... but I prefer the "more-shooting-the-better" kind of Sci-Fi and not really the "monster" kind. So, I liked Firefly or Serenity or whatever it's called. Of course, you just can't beat a good zombie movie.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Operative: "Do you really believe that?"

Mal: "I do."

Operative: "You willing to die for that belief?"

Mal: "I am." (pulls out his gun and shoots at the Operative repeatedly) "Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."
Tha's the good stuff, right there :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Firefly is one of the great casualties of modern TV. A great show killed off before it even had a chance to shine. It's follow-up film Serenity is a fine piece but I wish it had re-opened some doors for Capt. Reynolds and his crew to get back onto television. Alas, I guess it was not to be.

Hmmm....Libertarian-themed space western. I like that description. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was truly a loss.

It was the sort of show that no TV exec knew what to do with. Luckily, Jericho seems to has escaped a similar fate for now.

G

·
Always heard about the show... never watched it... just picked up the "Serenity" movie at the pawn shop for 5 bucks... VERY good movie

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Septimius, the dvd box set is under $30 almost everywhere, I really do suggest picking up a copy, well worth the investment.

G

·
I have the complete series in DVD and the the Movie. Yea I am a fan.
I like most space sci fi since well about 7 when my grandfather introduced me to Star Trek
Oh and my first one was not the Tribbles it was The Doomsday Machine which I though was a very kewl episode.

psysage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts