Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone also really into cars here? What are ya drivin and what mods if any?

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum RT... not too many mods:
- 6.1 Hemi intake
- Diablo Programmer
- SRT Front Bumper and Grille

Future Mods:
- Headers
- Exhaust
- CAI
- In-Dash Computer (yes like windows XP computer)
- Driver's side Hi Point Holster! (Just thought of that one!)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
when i was younger i used to drag my 86 ranger i built up with a mustang 5.0L, handbuilt C6 trans with hurst vavle body kit, 150HP NOS nitrous plate system, rider racing posi rear end and firestone firehwak skins.

SW

·
Registered
197 Posts
I restored a '73 Mustang convertible about 10 years ago, attempting to re-restore it now. 8 feet of flood water in my garage did a number on it.

Sure miss cruising around in that thing... :'(

·
Registered
855 Posts
Wade I love your New Yorker..... LOVE MY MOPARS!

First off. 01 Z-71 offroad

Superchip programmer
Coldair kit
MSD coil packs
3" catback exhaust
Rhino Liner / bed and floor
6" Superift
3" Body lift
2500HD Springs and Torsion bars
Auburn Ected Locker
4.10 Gears
AR Chamber Series Wheels
Yokohama Geolander AT+2

03 Dodge Dually CTD

5.9HO CTD
Banks 6 Gun tuner
Coldair intake
5" exhaust into stacks
2" rear wheel spacers
33X12.50 Mickey Thompson Bahaj ATZ
430hp and 770 lb/ft at the wheels
23mpg

Wifes 06 Charger SE

K&N air filter
Royal Purple oil

Warenty just expired, now I can work on my list for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That New Yorker is NIIIIICE. So is that mustang! I know you're hurt from that flood!

23mpg in that Dually!?!? I need to trade the magnum in! Sheesh! I love that thing! (Opening up Autotrader and eBay now!) LOL, does it get that mileage because of the mods or is it diesel??

·
Registered
855 Posts
The dually is an automatic, high output Cummins turbo diesel, 145k on the clock and the mods with the mileage and the way I drive get me that mileage. I go easy I get 23, I get on it and I get single digits. The power rating is not a joke, that is dynoed and verified.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I bought a farm truck from my police Chief this past December. It was dirty, dusty, and was full of mud and cow shat underneath. Rainwater had washed the chrome off of the headlight surronds and part of the grille. $150 and 4 days later she's shined up, new grille (painted the inserts red myself), new headlights (Euro-clear type), and new surrounds for said headlights. I got a set of 31x10.5R15's mounted on wagon wheels from PrimalSeal's brother really cheap ($200 IIRC), but had to go back to factory rims since due to the rim's bead leaking. It's a work in progress, but sure enough It'll be a looker when I'm done. The toolbox came all the way from PrimalSeal for free, all I had to do was pay for shipping.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Strangerous that is one sweet "farm truck" you did some nice work.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
My latest ride, an '01 Camaro SS,
6 speed T56 manual transmission
Volant cold Air Intake
Billy Boat dual tip dual exhaust
TurnOne Power steering pump
Clear turn signals
Silicone coolant hoses
Royal Purple oil, tranny fluid and rear diff. grease.
Lowered an inch and a half on new springs and shocks all around, sitting on new Kumho Ecsta performance All Season 17" tires.
Oh yeah 28 mpg with about 380 hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
squidbilly, I'm sending you a PM of what I started with... LOL

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Those are some nice 'stangs Jones, I am only referring to the late Fox bodies though, as I can't stand the earlier Fox body nor the '94-'96 or so model...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Those are some nice 'stangs Jones, I am only referring to the late Fox bodies though, as I can't stand the earlier Fox body nor the '94-'96 or so model...
huh? I was just posting up my old stangs. What were you referring to? BTW the 94-98 is the same body style. The 95 was the last year of the 5.0 in the SN-95 body style. They then in 96 introduced the 4.6 in the stang.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

'07 Aveo LS w/ 5-speed... no mods (except it has real rims instead of steelies with caps on it now) until it's paid off and the warranty expires (25,000 miles or about one year of driving to go).

FWIW, I like it,even though I'm tired of it.

Pic is from back in winter of '07 after I had just gotten done doing some handbrake snow-drifting in an empty parking lot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lakota, how the HECK do you get 23 mpg in the magnum!? I average about 18 - 20. and I put premium gas in it and have the programmer with the K&N drop in filter!

I saw a pic of the inside of one of those Aveos a couple years back. It was like staring at a VW bug and stepping into a Camry, (with the extra room).

·
Registered
216 Posts
lakota, how the HECK do you get 23 mpg in the magnum!? I average about 18 - 20. and I put premium gas in it and have the programmer with the K&N drop in filter!
I've got a completely stock 5.7 Hemi. Haven't changed anything and use Regular gas. Last month I did a 550 mile, one day road trip that was 90% highway (I-75). Went 388 miles on first tank, and put in 16.5 gallons. Comes out to about 23.5 mpg. Had the cruise set at 78mph most of the time. One other time, just to see what I could do, I kept it at 65-70 mph and got 26mpg. Again, highway miles (not stop and go). Around town, I'm in the 14-18 mpg (depending on how I drive). A lot different from when I had my '64 GTO (bought new). Lucky to get 10 mpg in town. It had a 389 bored out to 401, tri-power, balanced and blue printed, cam, headers, close-ratio 4 speed, 4.33 posi, metalflake paint, no air, ps, or pb. Engine was worked on by Pete Seaton (Seaton Shaker Funny Car).

Seatons Shaker

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.