Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not like the new forum layout at all. Its pretty and cool looking but not nearly as functionally easy to use as say the Ruger forum which uses the same software.

Any chance we can get an option in our profiles to choose the layout or forum style that we want? I want a simple basic setup with quick reply boxes at the bottom of every thread and the link bar at the top and bottom of each page.

And be gone with those funky buttons at the top that slide. They are cool at first but then they are unnecessary.

I am all about function over form which is one of the reasons that a simply laid out forum like the ruger forum works for me.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I agree, I'd like to switch to a more simple layout. I really liked this one when I first looked at it, but after using it for a while I miss the ease of use that I find on other forums.

I'd like to see a box at the bottom for quick replies so we don't even have to click reply to post. Bandwidth here at work is so limited and it takes forever for the forum to load sometimes, eliminating those extra links would really help me out in that aspect.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Ok people, work WITH us here, not against us. We are in the process of uploading new layouts and will make them available to the members in their profiles after they have been function checked by the staff. We're working on this new software, one step at a time. I understand you guys have alot of ideas, and we want to hear them and implement everything we can that you guys would like, but we can only do things one step at a time. Please try not to create the list of things to do faster than we can accomplish them.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I'm not trying to be a douche, but on the sites I run I'd rather hear a crap-ton of ideas all at once than none at all.

I don't think either of us are trying to make it hard on you guys, after all, getting this place going again was like fixing a huge hole in my life :p It never hurts to have suggestions though, and if they take weeks or months to implement, that's alright with me.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
#1: QUICK REPLY;

We have a quick reply feature. You turn it on in your profile under the "look and layout preferences" link on the left. This is an option that needs to be turned on or off by each user, and will be in the tutorials board later today.

#2: Alternate Forum Layouts;

As soon as we are able to get the banners and icons made and test everything, new layouts will be made available. We need to make a new banner and a small icon set for each new layout we offer so it takes a little bit of time. We should have the first alternatives rolled out by this weekend. You will need set your layout choice in your profile when they are ready.

All we ask is that people look around a little, especially in your profile. A lot of options have been moved there in the new software. We have functions that we didn't have before and a lot of the functions we did have are still here, they're just in different places.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.