Any experience with Cobra Denali?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Aug 23, 2014.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

I'm looking for a cheap carry gun, and the Denali is about as cheap as it gets. Anyone have one?

2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Do not have any experience, but I like it. Kind of what I wish Hi Point had done size wise.

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Yea, they really need a miniaturized version. The Denali looks like a nice little pocket pistol for under $150.

4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Their Patriot series looks promising too.

5. bluharley

bluharley Member

For another $100+, and it's a little bigger and heavier.

6. BFH

BFH Member

I was researching cobra handguns while I was looking into Hi Points. From what I gathered. All the negative stuff that is said about Hi point pistols actually happens with Cobra handguns. Some people get them to run right though. I would probably get a Jimenez before a Cobra.

7. Ruger LCP are fairly cheap at around $300 and the new model has an improved trigger and sights.

8. Kiln

Kiln Member

9. bluharley

bluharley Member

good review. I'd like to read his experience shooting it, do you have a link? For $140, for a get off me gun, it fits in my budget. I like that it's light, even if it kicks like a mule.

10. Kiln

Kiln Member

I didn't have time to dig through threads to find his review but here is a video showing someone putting 50 rounds through the Denali quickly:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHtntdElKU[/ame]

The guy who did the review I linked to before said he encountered a few nosedives but that is a common issue with cheap mags and is easily ironed out in my experience.

11. bluharley

bluharley Member

Thanks. Looks like it worked pretty well for him.

12. I have a chrome Cobra FS380 and works pretty good.Best $70 I ever spent.

13. bluharley

bluharley Member

I have a Cobra CA32. the pin holding the ejector worked itself out and caused a nasty jam, less than 100 rounds through it. I just tapped it back in, it will work for a while. I would grab a Denali, but I really don't want a safety on my carry. The Diamondback DB380 looks good, another $100, but oh well.

14. SCCYs are excellent as well.Make sure it's the CPX-2 though.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    subbing for opinions.

I am thinking of pocket guns these days... :cool:

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Not in the same size class as the Denali, which competes in size against the host of pocket 380's spawned by the Kel Tec P3AT. The SCCY offerings are a good size or two up from that.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. Kiln

Kiln Member

Yeah, the SCCY pistols are even a bit larger in the grip area than the Kel Tec P11 that they're based around. They're a medium sized handgun while the Denali is considerably smaller, although it is much wider than your average pocket .380 these days.