Any feed problems with 124gr FP bullets in a 995?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Mr. Goodwrench, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Hi all, I'm getting ready to order some 9mm bullets to reload for my Sig 226 and am wondering if any of you have experience with feed issues using 124gr flat point bullets in your 995 carbines. I would like to cut down on the number of different types of bullets I keep on hand but don't want to have major problems with the 995 when I use reloads. Thanks for your replies.

2. I have used a few different JHP's in 124gr in my 995 and didnt have any feeding problems. The flat point solids are produced to simulate the profile of a JHP and allow for shooting at a reduced cost. What I would do is find a flat point that closely resembles the JHP you will use for more serious stuff and stick with it.

Some guns may require you to play with the Cartridge Overall Length a bit till you find what OAL works best in each particular gun. So far my 995 has fed everything from 1.100 OAL to 1.169 OAL's using LRN's, Plated RN's and JHP's of various shapes and weights.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

I had some real trouble with some bullets from a lyman mold that they call surefeed bullets. They looked like little mini traffic cones. They totally shucked

4. Jokey

Jokey Guest

You shouldnt have any problems

I have shot many types of bullets in my 995. From lead rounds that shoot at 750 fps with minimal loads of Trail Boss to heavy loads of fmj 147 at 1200fps. If you decide to shoot lead alloy then keep the velocity low. Too much can lead up your barrel.

I have used both conical and round nose. No hollow points.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

I have shot thousands of rounds of 125g LRN out of my 995 without problems. I would assume from my load data that they have to be moving around 1300 to 1400 fps out of the 995.