Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the shooters club Tues. and they said someone had just left that was shooting a HP.
They didn't snob the guns either.Actually one of them said they'd like to try the .45.
I told him the next time I was there I'd let him try IT.
If any one wold like to meet up there sometime,let me know.

Thanks,
P.S. C9 did great.They even had some reloads and it went right through them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like Tyler? Do you ever get to FTW area? You probably get to shoot out side at pine trees ? :angel:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Like Tyler? Do you ever get to FTW area? You probably get to shoot out side at pine trees ? :angel:
lol Yes I live in Tyler! Unfortunately it's frowned upon shooting inside city limits, and I don't own any land I can go out to shoot on. (Someday!) I have a couple of friends with land but they are all a good drive away. High Caliber gun show is in Ft Worth soon, and my mother is after a Beretta 92 so we may be that way. I try to stay out of DFW those people are CRAZY lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM me when your gonna be this way.Maybe I'll meet up with you at show.The range just north of Down town is open 7 days a week. We could do some shooting there too.

Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!

I just bought my JHP .45 at the High Caliber Gun Show yesterday and joined the forum today. I'm hoping to take it to the range Saturday. I live in south Ft. Worth. I go to either Alpine in Everman or the Shooting Gallery on Lancaster. Perhaps we could meet this coming weekend or next.

I bought a bunch of Magtech at the show as well.

Like a bunch of other people I am waiting for the .45 carbine to materialize. That was one reason for geting the .45. The other is I have a Hungarian FEG PA-63 that shoots 9x18 (9mm Makarov) instead of the more common 9mm Luger (9x19) and I didn't want to risk mixing ammo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I go to Winchester (Lancaster) alot with another buddy. This weekend might be pretty busy but,there is always time to shoot. I took my new CZ52 there last week .PM me when you think you want to go.I have a JCP and 2 C9's. I need to do some work on the #1 C9 and I'll need to check it out.
How is Everman? I've never been there.

Rich

·
Registered
36 Posts
i live in canton and have had an hp45 for about a month now. my brother lives in fort worth and has an office just down from ctd and dad and grandmother live in bedford. i am in both fw and tyler quite frequently. ive got 32 acres here so i just shoot out back usually, but would like to shoot with someone sometime.
martin

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
I live in Fort Sill Oklahoma, right next to Lawton.

So I am PRETTY close, travel that way frequently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it sounds like we have enough people to have our own Hi Point get together.I also know some friends with some.What a good way to learn about your HP than get a group of guys together and compare.
I learned a lot By having 2 identical C9's .Come to find out they are not Identical and act different.
So when and where?

Rich

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in Bedford but I usually go to Elm Fork , close to work, but an adventure would be good. My only problem is I can't do weekends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in lewisville area, still am looking at ammo. If anyone wants to know where, 38 spl, 357 mag, 40 cal, 45 cal and 9mm is let me know(sorry no 380), I seen some this morning. All i need is 9mm but I aint got too much money. call me if you want. 214-709-7200.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i live in canton and have had an hp45 for about a month now. my brother lives in fort worth and has an office just down from ctd and dad and grandmother live in bedford. i am in both fw and tyler quite frequently. ive got 32 acres here so i just shoot out back usually, but would like to shoot with someone sometime.
martin
Sounds like Canton would be a good meeting place, since you have the land already lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rich,

Alpine in Everman is ok. Being an outdoor range it doesn't have the convenince of running the targets back and forth like an indoor range. It can be a pain when you have to wait for everybody else to stop firing before you can switch out targets. I like going there because I can shoot my HD shotgun, then slide down a few lanes and break out my pistols.

I found a good deal on .45acp ammo at the Ft. Worth gun show. 250 cartridges of 230gr. Magtech for $100 even, including tax. I'll get more at the next Ft. Worth gun show in May. I've been collecting my brass to eventually reload.

I plan on taking my wife to the Winchester range tomorrow and let her shoot all my guns so she won't be afraid to use them in an emergency. I acquired all three since Christmas. My son has shot the 9mm and is itching to get his hands on the .45. I don't know what time I'll get there since they will be coming with me.

Bruce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good deal.I f i know when you'll be there I could see if I'd could be there.The .45 is a great gun.But so is the 9mm.
Is the FEG PA-63 is that a makarov round? If so,I'm waiting for a CZ82 .I'll be making a range trip soon.
Plus I'll want to try out the new Yugo SKS as soon as I'm done cleaning it.
They have a rife range there so I'd like to try it out .

Rich

1 - 19 of 19 Posts