Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys play Guild Wars? Since the release of the GW2 trailer I've picked the game up again in anticipation haha. If any of you guys play we should party up sometime!

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I have it haven't played forever though...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
never touched it. Only mmorpgs ive really spent time with were, WoW and lord of the rings.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I got to like lvl 10 or so and quit, and I haven't bothered to reinstall it since the last time I reinstalled Vista...

Not very good at it, only got it 'cause it had no monthly fee.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I beat the prophecies campaign. The storyline is really good if you stick with it. The first area of the "real game" where everything is all dead is my least favorite. It gets really fun once you get out of that crap hole!

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
That's good I think that is where I was when I played it last...

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I hate that area. I've gotten 3 characters up to level 20 and that area is my least favorite of all. My main character is a W/Mo and is pretty sweet. I'm saving up for the 1337 armor. So far I have 50 plat saved up, but I need about 20 more to be able to afford the super pwnage 1337 armor. If you wanna start playing again let me know and I'll help you with quests and whatnot. It's a lot more fun to play with people you know :) I have my own TS server also if you prefer talking over typing.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Yeah I prefer talking, I just don't know how to set my mic up for the game...

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Hey I just reinstalled it.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
w00t w00t, if you wanna add me to your friends list my main character is Uslav Dershin. I did a couple of more quests in Drok's last night to get more attribute points. Eye of the North definitely requires a lot more player skill as well as gear/rune/etc combinations.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
That is only the only expansion I got for it, I was mad when I found out you had to be a lvl 10 to use it :mad:

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I only got it 'cause it had free online play therefore making it not lame like WoW or Everquest or any of the other monopolies.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
WoW does have more content and a larger community though, which is good for a mmorpg. Wish it was free but it aint.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I dunno bout that Guild wars has a few expansions, that company has a better ethic in my opinion which is you've already bought the game so why keep paying for it? It is bad enough I spend 50 bucks a year for XBL. Which is way better than 180 buck a year for WoW.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah Guild Wars has a pretty big community, yeah it's not as big as WoW but that's just because it's not advertised as much. It's also generally seen as a more "serious" type game that doesn't have as many huge n00bs and annoying people in it (though trust me, it has it's fair share, as does any MMORPG). I personally prefer it over WoW, I like the strategy involved in having to choose only 5 skills to take along instead of having skills to do everything you can possibly imagine. The thing I hated most about WoW was that there was so much clutter on the screen all the time. So many buttons to push and whatnot. There wasn't really any skill involved in the game IMO, just who had the most buttons and the best gear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts